#1 Taylor Johnson

Taylor Johnson

Taylor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:I wish I had some!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:43 AM

Harper Voyager Guidelines for Digital Submission – [font=inherit !important]Accepting[/font] Manuscripts from October 1st – October 14th, 2012!

Keen to become a Harper Voyager author? Here’s your chance to join the imprint that publishes some of the biggest names in fantastic fiction—George R. R. Martin, Kim Harrison, Raymond E. Feist, Robin Hobb, Richard Kadrey, Sara Douglass, Peter V. Brett and Kylie Chan—to name but a few.
For the first time in over a decade, Harper Voyager are opening the doors to unsolicited submissions in order to seek new authors with fresh voices, strong storytelling abilities, original ideas and compelling storylines. So, if you believe your manuscript has these qualities, then we want to read it!
We’re seeking all kinds of adult and young adult speculative fiction for digital publication, but particularly epic fantasy, science fiction, urban fantasy, horror, dystopia and supernatural. For more idea of the type of books we love to read and publish, check out our authors and their titles atwww.harpervoyagerbooks.com
Submissions for digital originals will be open for a limited two-week period from 1st to the 14th of October, 2012.
So, follow these easy guidelines and move one step closer to making your dreams come true …
How To Submit A Manuscript
To submit, go to www.harpervoyagersubmissions.com and follow the instructions to fill out the form and upload your manuscript.
Due to time constraints, we will not be able to respond to every query. If you do not receive a response after three months, unfortunately that means your story is not right for us this time.

heres the link: http://harpervoyager...tal-submission/

Thought some of you awesome writers might want to do this! I wish I could, my manuscript is not near ready to be seen by them! :) Good Luck

#2 LucidDreamer

LucidDreamer

Pragmatic Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Blue Ridge Library Mystery series, (publisher Crooked Lane Books) written as Victoria Gilbert. Book One - A MURDER FOR THE BOOKS: December 2017. Book Two - SHELVED UNDER MURDER: July 2018. Book Three - PAST DUE FOR MURDER: Feb. 2019. Bks 4 & 5 in series under contract.

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:06 AM

Thank you so much for posting this, MyDearWatson!
I am definitely giving this a shot.

#3 Will

Will

Master of Oddities

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:24 AM

Oh how i wish mine was ready... thanks for the info though

#4 KrystenH

KrystenH

Lady of the Dragons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, unagented
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

Definitely doing this.

#5 mjr_missy

mjr_missy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationUS South

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:07 PM

Thats some good stuff, thank you for posting this. I have a feeling they don't know what their in for! :smile:

#6 LucidDreamer

LucidDreamer

Pragmatic Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Blue Ridge Library Mystery series, (publisher Crooked Lane Books) written as Victoria Gilbert. Book One - A MURDER FOR THE BOOKS: December 2017. Book Two - SHELVED UNDER MURDER: July 2018. Book Three - PAST DUE FOR MURDER: Feb. 2019. Bks 4 & 5 in series under contract.

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:12 PM

They have NO idea. I hope their servers are robust. :smile:

#7 Caterina

Caterina

Zombie Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Self-published my first book, Zombie Whisperer.

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

Ok I'm going to sound really stupid, but what do they want people to submit? Their entire manuscripts? Or queries and such?

#8 LucidDreamer

LucidDreamer

Pragmatic Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:47 PM

I think it's entire manuscripts, Caterina.

#9 Taylor Johnson

Taylor Johnson

Taylor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

there is directions if you click the link... its your whole manuscript. it has to be between 80,000-120k words. There looking to e-publish and possibly publish in print a book per month! Its really awesome sounding! Good luck fellow writers

#10 Taylor Johnson

Taylor Johnson

Taylor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

there is directions if you click the link... its your whole manuscript. it has to be between 80,000-120k words. There looking to e-publish and possibly publish in print a book per month! Its really awesome sounding! Good luck fellow writers

#11 RLTDavis

RLTDavis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:I have non-fiction articles published in a scholarly journal, but nothing in fiction (yet!)

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

Eeek! 2 weeks get my manuscript ready? I think I can... but as it stands I am at 126k words, just over their maximum, and I feel like I have already cut so much... yikes. I'll try.
Rachel, Epic Fantasy writer in search of an Agent.

Find me on Twitter @@RLTDavis !

#12 KrystenH

KrystenH

Lady of the Dragons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

Kind of sucks though that we have to wait three months before we submit to other publishers. I was hoping to submit to Daw and Tor but this is such a limited opportunity...

#13 Leigh Teale

Leigh Teale

Supergirl Writes Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Literary Status:published
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:The Calera Journal; Wiregrass Living Magazine; The Subterranean Quarterly; Midnight Starling Press

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

I'm right at 60K, so it looks like I won't be able to enter. :/

skull-emoticon-for-facebook-status-comme   THE BUSINESS OF DEATH          Final Destination  x  Dead Like Me          Amazon | B&N | BAM | Powell's

stars-emoticon.png   CHANGELING          Magonia  x  Wings          Amazon | B&N | BAM | Powell's

#14 LucidDreamer

LucidDreamer

Pragmatic Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:17 AM

Kind of sucks though that we have to wait three months before we submit to other publishers. I was hoping to submit to Daw and Tor but this is such a limited opportunity...

I'm not reading it this way, Krysten. (You know I already sent to DAW). I think they mean if your manuscript has been REQUESTED by a publisher. I mean, how the heck would they know??? If DAW comes back to me and says -- "Give me that book" before Harper does (uh -- I'm not holding my breath) then I would just contact Harper immediately and tell them that I got a contract off an old unsolicited query/submission. (I do have other queries still out there).

Not that I'm saying to deliberately play one against the other, but given that THEY hold all the cards, I'm not that inclined to be so generous. What I sent to DAW might be chucked in the shredder the minute they open the package -- how do I know? I'm getting too old to be quite so generous with my time. (Now if someone ASKS for an EXCLUSIVE I will, of course, honor that, but this is all unsolicited stuff).

Just my take on it.

#15 KrystenH

KrystenH

Lady of the Dragons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:22 PM

I'm still going to do it. Hopefully they will like me, even though I'm still waiting for an answer from PYR. *crosses fingers*

#16 ColoRODo Character

ColoRODo Character

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Short story author - Thirteen Stories, CKDeluxe among others. "Special Assignments Editor" for 3 Business to Business magazines, Kustom car magazine founder/editor, monthly columnist-GoodGuy's Gazette.

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

Ready...set...

R-

#17 chris13

chris13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:nonfiction writer for national pubs and websites

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:05 AM

Looks like no advances offered. (They are "working" on it, LOL.) And as Forbes writes, digital publishing is notorious for bookkeeping. Forbes also suggests royalties in general take up to 18 months to arrive. Still, worth a shot.

#18 iBel29

iBel29

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging
  • LocationAfrica

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:13 PM

Thanks so gonna try this, all the best guys

#19 LucidDreamer

LucidDreamer

Pragmatic Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

Never mind.

#20 KrystenH

KrystenH

Lady of the Dragons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

T minus: 6 Days...