#1 alphan

alphan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationEurope

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

I submitted work to 'analogpress - a literary journal in 2011 and they accepted. They asked for First american publishing rights and I told them that I was willing to accept and asked how we should proceed. No reply came and I found out two months later that they actually published the journal including my poetry. However they put my name under a piece of art that was not mine. Other than that and the lack of notification there was not much of a problem as my poetry was intact and in place. When I emailed them about the fact that a piece of art was not mine, and they gave me this one liner in an email;"We'll remove your work entirely from the publication." Which they did; they removed my poetry as well as the piece of art that was not mine! So who did that piece of art belong to any way? I think and fell there is something wrong here, what do you think?

Regards,

Alphan Vardarlı

Note: The screenshots attached of the index page published and then replaced on issuu, show a sketch on page 4 that is not mine and on pages 29-30 my actual poem.

Attached Files

#2 CharlotteBlackW

CharlotteBlackW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:I've published a short story in the college annual publication, Scripps College Journal, and have self-published my novella Those We Trust on Smashwords.com

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

Honestly, this just sounds like one massive miscommunication! I don't think they understood what you were saying of them. I also think their reactions were entirely unprofessional, pulling it out without hearing back from you for confirmation.

I wouldn't work with them again if it's this messy.
Cheers,

C

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users