#21 Joey

Joey

Owner of an Evil Little Manuscript

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:Newspaper articles in hometown newspaper on medicine and specialty insurance topics. Stop by my blog where refreshing iced is served after swift, verbal punches are thrown.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

It is way too dark. I also can't tell what the cover is to represent?

I believe in simplicity and understanding for covers. What's the book about really? What images can EASILY convey the message and entice a reader? With all the words on the front it is honestly too busy. If I saw this as a thumbnail or on a book cover at the bookstore, I'd walk right past it.

Save the blurb for the back cover or inside of the jacket. But I have to ask? what is it with the G in Guardians capitalized and the other random word capitalized on the cover? I am a difficult critic about what covers I like vs. ones I do not.

Btw, diliana is a nice font. Good fantasy feel.

Here's what I mean about simplicity. I'm reading it right now. You KNOW what you're getting and know what the book will be about b/c of the really simple yet effective cover.

Posted Image

Btw...this book is thus far AWESOME! (I'm 1/3 of the way done. Fast fast read)

Visit my blog! www.joeyfrancisco.blogspot.com

JoeynGA on Twitter!

"Substitute "damn" every time you're inclined to write "very"; your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be."

~Mark Twain

#22 Lara Rose Lee

Lara Rose Lee

"Guardians Gateway" Book Series

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:I used to work for a small town news publication.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

Having fun with Brushes now that I figured out how to use them..lol 

Lara Rose Lee (Aspiring Author)

FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/lararoselee

#23 C. Taylor

C. Taylor

Subsisting on Pots of Tea

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,300 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published, agented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:I'm a NY Times and USA Today bestselling author writing under the pen name, Cali MacKay and write fun and steamy contemporary romances, in addition to erotica, paranormal romances and mysteries. I also write steampunk romances under the pen name Calista Taylor.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

The font doesn't look right. It looks like it got skewed so it's taller than it should be, though now that I've seen it I'm not crazy about it. This is better, but I'm still not loving it. It still looks like a "self pub" cover, and especially these days, that's not really going to do you any favors.

Cali MacKay

FREE

51HdjDwZKxL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51Ekbyv33TL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51HnUjguTHL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-511uTCIPFnL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51-y12BGRPL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51LB9MAkXgL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-612uyFf1xML._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-61y0ZMZ-%2BaL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arro51J-PsyEZoL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-

#24 Leigh Teale

Leigh Teale

Supergirl Writes Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Literary Status:published
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:The Calera Journal; Wiregrass Living Magazine; The Subterranean Quarterly; Midnight Starling Press

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

I like the second one best out of the four.

skull-emoticon-for-facebook-status-comme   THE BUSINESS OF DEATH          Final Destination  x  Dead Like Me          Amazon | B&N | BAM | Powell's

stars-emoticon.png   CHANGELING          Magonia  x  Wings          Amazon | B&N | BAM | Powell's

#25 Lara Rose Lee

Lara Rose Lee

"Guardians Gateway" Book Series

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:I used to work for a small town news publication.

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:37 PM

I turned the name around to "Guardians Gateway" as I had a few suggest it, since book two is "Guardians Adventure" and the Book three is "Guardians Kingdom".  I am half way through book two and book one is completely done and ready to submit to an agent.

Thank you,

Lara

Lara Rose Lee (Aspiring Author)

FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/lararoselee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users