4 replies to this topic

#1 Jean Oram

Jean Oram

Your friendly, neighborhood, all-purpose moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 9,302 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published, in-between agents
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:New York Times bestselling romance author. Independent author with traditional publishing experience. Everything from magazines to newspapers to short stories to novels.
  • City (optional):C-eh?-N-eh?-D-eh?

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

Email (mailing list) from Mary Kole with permission to forward:

This year, I am pleased to offer for-hire manuscript editorial and consulting services for the very first time in my career. Whether you want a sharp eye on your query letter or a comprehensive editorial review of your entire manuscript to help you get to the next step in your journey toward publication, I can help. My editorial work is meant to be educational, encouraging, actionable, and geared to helping you achieve your dreams.

Services include:
Query Consultation
30 Minute Strategy Call (ask me anything on the phone or via Skype)
Submission Package Edit (query and the first 10 pages--what most agents want to see!)
Picture Book Edit
100 Page Edit
Full Manuscript Edit

I'm trained to help with any category of fiction, for any audience, and written in any genre--and not just children's books, either! You can learn more about me, my services, and my fees by going to my editorial and consulting website, MaryKole.com. My email address for editorial inquiries is marykoleeditorial@gmail.com.

Contact me today and secure your slot on my calendar. Due to the highly personal and in-depth nature of my work, my availability is extremely limited. In fact, I am booked through January and am now filling up my calendar for February and beyond. The earlier you express interest in working with me, the better.

In the meantime, get started with some of my writing advice and order my book, WRITING IRRESISTIBLE KIDLIT: The Ultimate Guide to Crafting Fiction for Young Adult and Middle Grade Readers, out now from Writer's Digest. This book is truly a dream come true for me and I'm very excited to share it with you. In fact, it's dedicated in part to my blog readers. You've helped inspire my teaching on the site, and now I want to help inspire you.

I can't wait for the opportunity to help you achieve your goals!

Mary Kole
www.MaryKole.com
www.Kidlit.com

I love connecting with and helping other AQCers outside this forum as well. You can find me all over the place!

If you are looking for more about writing, you may find my blog helpful, as well as my Twitter feed:

*The Helpful Writer *Twitter

If you are a parent, you might be interested in my ideas on growing happy, healthy kids who'll thrive in this ever changing world (includes crafts, activities, games, articles, and fun!):
*Twitter *Blog *Pinterest *Facebook

I write stuff (www.jeanoram.com)

#2 SC_Author

SC_Author

Veteran Hufflepuff Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Some poetry

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

AHH! She is AMAZING, and her blog is fantastic. Do you know the prices for all these services? I hope they're affordable :/
SC_Author on Twitter

and SCWrite.blogspot.com for my blog :)

I am blogging about all things writing and JK Rowling. I also divulge secrets about the craft.

Because writers are insane. Being a writer is misery. And, as we all know, misery loves company :)

#3 YoungAdultSlave

YoungAdultSlave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationEurope

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:49 AM

oh wow, i just checked her rates. The manuscript critique is the only one I'd be interested in but it's SO expensive :(

#4 Jean Oram

Jean Oram

Your friendly, neighborhood, all-purpose moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 9,302 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published, in-between agents
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:New York Times bestselling romance author. Independent author with traditional publishing experience. Everything from magazines to newspapers to short stories to novels.
  • City (optional):C-eh?-N-eh?-D-eh?

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

I imagine they would be pricey. Good feedback, but ouch. Then again, I'm cheap! But... if the feedback helps you move forward a year or two in your skills, it might be worth it. Hard to say.

I love connecting with and helping other AQCers outside this forum as well. You can find me all over the place!

If you are looking for more about writing, you may find my blog helpful, as well as my Twitter feed:

*The Helpful Writer *Twitter

If you are a parent, you might be interested in my ideas on growing happy, healthy kids who'll thrive in this ever changing world (includes crafts, activities, games, articles, and fun!):
*Twitter *Blog *Pinterest *Facebook

I write stuff (www.jeanoram.com)

#5 Licentia

Licentia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Released my first novel, Blood Leverage, on June 17th! Currently available in both paperback and Kindle editions on Amazon.com Also, check out my giveaway at www.jshazzard.com

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

Wowsa. 2k for a hundred pages of editing. Yikes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users