#1 Amy Trueblood

Amy Trueblood

Amy Trueblood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Literary Status:published, in-between agents
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:Happily writing #YA (NOTHING BUT SKY, Spring 2018) @Fluxbooks. #PitchWars mentor. Co-creator of #sunvssnow. Proud member of KICK-AZ & AZ YA/MG Writers.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Just caught this on Twitter:

Joanna is opening up to queries March 25th.

She is on the lookout for solid fiction in the following genres on the adult side: women’s fiction, thriller, horror, speculative fiction, literary fiction and historical fiction. Joanna prefers her fiction dark, in tone, style and even in humor. Some recent reads that she enjoyed are: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn,World War Z by Max Brooks, The Breach by Patrick Lee, and The Second Duchess by Elizabeth Loupas. On the children’s and young adult side, Joanna is looking for middle grade of all genres and literary YA only.

Check out my blog: Chasing The Crazies

Follow me on Twitter

"Do one thing every day that scares you" - Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 KrystenH

KrystenH

Lady of the Dragons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, unagented
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

*looks at ms* To submit or not...

#3 Brighton

Brighton

Radioactive.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Literary Status:media
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

I think I will if I remember come March 25th. She takes both my genres and she likes it dark. 

"The truth was that Jay Gatsby, of West Egg, Long Island, sprang from his Platonic conception of himself. ...and to this conception he was faithful to the end." -The Great Gatsby

#4 Joey

Joey

Owner of an Evil Little Manuscript

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:Newspaper articles in hometown newspaper on medicine and specialty insurance topics. Stop by my blog where refreshing iced is served after swift, verbal punches are thrown.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

Is my ms dark? Yes. Is it sometimes funny too? Yes.

So I shall query her, but I'll be already well into the querying process by over a month by that time. Sending out first batches of 5 beginning next week.

Visit my blog! www.joeyfrancisco.blogspot.com

JoeynGA on Twitter!

"Substitute "damn" every time you're inclined to write "very"; your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be."

~Mark Twain

#5 LucidDreamer

LucidDreamer

Pragmatic Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,116 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Author of a five book cozy mystery series -- the Blue Ridge Library Mystery series -- with Crooked Lane Books. Books one, two, and three out now. New mystery series -- the Booklovers B&B series -- contracted with Crooked Lane for future publication.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

Good luck with all your querying, Joey.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users