Disclaimer

Photo

need a nonfiction writer for livestreaming show tonight (Sunday)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 patskywriter

patskywriter

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Published community newspapers in Chicago for 8 years; now publishing www.durhamskywriter.com from Durham, North Carolina, USA.

Currently working on my first nonfiction book, "And Then We Saw an Eye: Caring for a Loved-One with Alzheimer's at Home."

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

Had a last-minute glitch (my guest can't make it), and I'm wondering if one of our exalted nonfiction writers would like to be a guest (tonight!) on TV Skywriter, my weekly interview show. The interview will be fun and relaxed and will last as long as it needs to. (I interviewed a visual artist last Sunday, and the show lasted 34 minutes.) If you want to get a sense of what the show's like, here's the link to my latest: TV Skywriter (24 February 2013)

My aim with TV Skywriter, which is a new venture, is to interview creative folks from around the world—artists, writers, musicians, etc. I had planned to interview writers from this forum, but didn't intend to introduce it under code red conditions!

Anyway, if you're interested, contact me at durhamskywriter@gmail. Be sure to give me your telephone number. In preparation for being on the show (or if you now have future plans in doing your own "Google+ Hangout"), open a gmail account; it's free. Then start a Google+ page, which serves the same purpose as a Facebook page; you don't have to fill it out in detail if you don't want to. The reason each guest must do this is because that's how the Google+ software works. Essentially, I will start a Hangout, name it, and then invite my guest(s) via gmail/Google+. Then the guest(s) will join me and our adventure will ensue! TV Skywriter can be viewed live at 7pm Eastern USA time tonight via the "durhamskywriter" YouTube and Google+ pages. After the show airs, it then becomes a YouTube video. It's a wonderful way to promote yourself and others!

So … I'm hoping that I'll hear from one of you. Have a great day! icon_smile.gif

Published community newspapers in Chicago for 8 years; now publishing www.durhamskywriter.com.

Currently working on my first nonfiction book, "And Then We Saw an Eye: Caring for a Loved-One with Alzheimer's at Home."

#2 patskywriter

patskywriter

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Published community newspapers in Chicago for 8 years; now publishing www.durhamskywriter.com from Durham, North Carolina, USA.

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

I did get a guest—Anora McGaha, who's a writer and Internet-marketing coach/guru. She'll talk about building that all-important platform and increasing your presence on the Internet. Watch TV Skywriter tonight (Sunday, March 3) at 7pm (Eastern time, USA) by first going to YouTube or Google+; then go to the "durhamskywriter" page by typing that in the search field. See you there!

Published community newspapers in Chicago for 8 years; now publishing www.durhamskywriter.com.

#3 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,611 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published ten books, including short stories by several AQC writers and debut novels by AQC authors A.T. O'Connor (aka Cat Woods), "ScubaSteve" Carman, and R.S. Mellette. Heading into 2016, we're aiming to publish at least two books, including the second Mellette novel and an anthology. In 2015, I saw a few memoir/nonfiction pieces published in Red Fez. I expect to do more of that in 2016 and beyond, while also looking to add freelance editing and writing clients.

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

Glad you found someone, Patsky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users