VPierce

Word Game Junkie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

I carefully reviewed each agent before I queried. I decided on querying Jen because she's aggressively seeking women's fiction and I got a full request the same day. So I am very excited that I found this thread! 

Also, I have to agree that I really feel that this is going to be a powerhouse of an agency, and I am so excited that I queried. (I'm on a querying break right now to see where the two partials I have out do, but I decided to break my own rule and query Jen, and I'm glad I did!) 

Querying/On Submission with "Needing Her" 

Revising "Savannah's Grace"

Drafting "Threads of Us"  

#22 Lanette Kauten

Lanette Kauten

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts
  • Literary Status:published
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:HOUSE OF THISTLES published November 2013. WITHOUT BORDERS to be published in serialization in the fall of 2015 by Cliffhanger Press. CASSIA, a literary novel set in an arts district, will be published by Evolved Publishing in March 2016.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

VPierce, let us know how it goes. I'm interested in querying Jen for the same reason, but I'm waiting to get feedback on a partial.

#23 LucidDreamer

LucidDreamer

Pragmatic Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Author of a five book cozy mystery series -- the Blue Ridge Library Mystery series -- with Crooked Lane Books. Books one, two, and three out now, book four out Jan. 2020. New mystery series -- the Booklovers B&B series -- contracted with Crooked Lane for future publication.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

So Pam rejected my partial, but at the other agency. (This was when she was in transition, I think). I will have to check and see if I can query the others. ???

#24 Lanette Kauten

Lanette Kauten

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts
  • Literary Status:published
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:HOUSE OF THISTLES published November 2013. WITHOUT BORDERS to be published in serialization in the fall of 2015 by Cliffhanger Press. CASSIA, a literary novel set in an arts district, will be published by Evolved Publishing in March 2016.

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

Is anyone else getting a bounceback email when querying Jen Karsbaek?

#25 Yvette

Yvette

Chocoholic-in-Residence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:42 PM

Following this topic with interest - Jen Karsbaek's name is on my list of agents to query. 

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” --Winston Churchill

#26 KrystenH

KrystenH

Lady of the Dragons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, unagented
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:14 AM

I know from Twitter that Pam is doing more personalized rejections. I want to query her, although she has already rejected me before the big move (back in January), not out of any expectation of a request but for the sheer curiosity of what she would say in the personalized rejection. Sadly, chances I'll get the rejection from Pam is 50/50 because she has an assistant who still uses the form :humph:

#27 T.J.

T.J.

Queen of the Padded Room

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, industry insider
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:Two novels, and two novellas, self published and doing well. Let my mind wander, now can't find it. Not sure I'm going to search ...

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

Just a head's up - I queried Pam with "Dear Pam" and not a problem. :) 

"If you are going through hell, keep going." ~ Winston Churchill

Author Webpage: http://tjloveless.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users