#1 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,610 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published ten books, including short stories by several AQC writers and debut novels by AQC authors A.T. O'Connor (aka Cat Woods), "ScubaSteve" Carman, and R.S. Mellette. Heading into 2016, we're aiming to publish at least two books, including the second Mellette novel and an anthology. In 2015, I saw a few memoir/nonfiction pieces published in Red Fez. I expect to do more of that in 2016 and beyond, while also looking to add freelance editing and writing clients.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

Agent Adriann Ranta tweeted this earlier today. The post includes everything we've talked about in this forum the past few years, but also offers some perspective from a person who deals with NF proposals every day.

Feel free to start discussions or ask questions about this in a reply or start a new thread if you want.

#2 dannimac

dannimac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:33 PM

This link is a fascinating read as are the two links she embedded on 'platform' and self-promotion.

I appreciate your taking the time to provide this, I hope it gets pinned or indexed on the site

Cheers!

#3 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,610 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published ten books, including short stories by several AQC writers and debut novels by AQC authors A.T. O'Connor (aka Cat Woods), "ScubaSteve" Carman, and R.S. Mellette. Heading into 2016, we're aiming to publish at least two books, including the second Mellette novel and an anthology. In 2015, I saw a few memoir/nonfiction pieces published in Red Fez. I expect to do more of that in 2016 and beyond, while also looking to add freelance editing and writing clients.

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:35 PM

Thanks. Very glad you liked it; wish I could take credit for writing it. ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users