#1 Tom Bradley

Tom Bradley

A big old goober.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:My indie novels THE KONA SHUFFLE, THE HILO HUSTLE, THE PAHALA TWIST, and THE WAIMEA TWO-STEP are available at Amazon, B&N, Kobo, and CreateSpace.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:04 AM

I am starting a series of email interviews for my blog, under the series title "The Interrogation Room."

First up will be Peter Burton, then Mark Friedlander -- who else wants to play?

(Please note: While self-published authors go to the head of the line, this little venture is open to all of you, even the fancy-pants agented and published by real houses authors on here. You know who you are.)

Also, the title sounds far more serious than the questions will be. You've been warned.

Mazel tov!

#2 Mark Friedlander

Mark Friedlander

AQ.Leverage Refugee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Indie publications of The Kewpie Killer, Life's a Beach Then You Die, Payback's a Beach

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:14 AM

Maybe you want to interview Falafel instead?

Falafel Jones.net
Kewpie Killer
Paper or plastic digital 51nLuiQDVjL._SL110_.jpg51ZiyrardhL._SL110_.jpg51IDRMxZ2EL._SL110_.jpg51Bjjx6HDYL._SL110_.jpg

#3 Litgal

Litgal

Veteran Queen Bee -- Moderator "Here Be Historicals"

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:My debut novel, "The Sister Queens," (March 2012/NAL), was set in 13th century France and England and wove the captivating story of sisters, Marguerite and Eleanor of Provence, who both became queens. My next solo novel, "Medicis Daughter," (Dec 1 2015/Thomas Dunne) traveled forward three-hundred years to the intrigue-riven French Valois court, spinning the tale of beautiful princess Marguerite who walks the knife edge between the demands of her serpentine mother, Catherine de Medicis, and those of her own conscience.

In between I became a "hybrid" as part of a group of six authors involved in a high concept novel-in-six-parts called "A Day of Fire" which released in November of 2014. The book, "A Day of Fire," tells the story of the final days of the doomed city of Pompeii in a way you've never read it before.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

I am in :) if you'll have me.

Lit. (aka Sophie Perinot)

#4 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,577 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published ten books, including short stories by several AQC writers and debut novels by AQC authors A.T. O'Connor (aka Cat Woods), "ScubaSteve" Carman, and R.S. Mellette. Heading into 2016, we're aiming to publish at least two books, including the second Mellette novel and an anthology. In 2015, I saw a few memoir/nonfiction pieces published in Red Fez. I expect to do more of that in 2016 and beyond, while also looking to add freelance editing and writing clients.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

Hey, I'm no shrinking violet. I'd be happy to do something to get the ball rolling on Summer's Edge, the upcoming anthology from Elephant's Bookshelf Press. We're still accepting submissions (through the 19th), but by the time you have me up, it'll be closed and I'd be able to speak to a bunch of aspects of production or whatever you have in mind.

#5 Tom Bradley

Tom Bradley

A big old goober.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:My indie novels THE KONA SHUFFLE, THE HILO HUSTLE, THE PAHALA TWIST, and THE WAIMEA TWO-STEP are available at Amazon, B&N, Kobo, and CreateSpace.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

Maybe you want to interview Falafel instead?

Of course.

I am in :) if you'll have me.

You know it, sister. Message me an email addy and we'll get you all interviewed and such.

Hey, I'm no shrinking violet. I'd be happy to do something to get the ball rolling on Summer's Edge, the upcoming anthology from Elephant's Bookshelf Press. We're still accepting submissions (through the 19th), but by the time you have me up, it'll be closed and I'd be able to speak to a bunch of aspects of production or whatever you have in mind.

(trying to picture an elephant as a shrinking violet...nope, it's not working)

You're in, o wise one. Send me an email addy.

#6 Darke

Darke

~Official AQC Cookie Provider~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:I have several short stories published with online magazines such as Bewildering Stories and Aphelion, and part of the 7DS anthology SLAYERS. I have six books in a paranormal series self-published, and as of 2015, I write articles for Gaiam TV. See my blog for more details.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

I'm game! And I'll bring cookies!!!  :tongue: 

~I am neither an author nor a writer; I am a storyteller with good grammar.~

darkes_cover_4_sparkletn.jpg Book2TN.jpg darkescovenwtTN.jpg demonthumbnail.jpg 4311642f-9dfa-4c08-ac6d-a6979476c6ce.jpg

3e1a6d8e-6529-475b-b08d-34d575e93531.jpg

#7 Michelle4Laughs

Michelle4Laughs

Walking on Sunshine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:BIRTH OF SAINTS trilogy(Harper Voyager): GRUDGING, FAITHFUL (Nov 15, 2016, Book 3 (Nov 2017). KINDAR'S CURE. Short stories in anthologies from EBP. Host of Query Kombat, Nightmare on Query Street, PB Party, Sun versus Snow.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

I'd be glad to volunteer if you want more fantasy writers.

25815723.jpg  29242455.jpg  16415686.jpg   18159598.jpg  20957949.jpg   

Blog: It's in the Details
Twitter

#8 Peter Burton

Peter Burton

Court Jester and Wanna Be Author

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,958 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Self Published

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

As first victim.... uhhh... interviewee, I'll say it:

Be afraid... be very afraid. :blink: :laugh:

No worries, Tom. I'm not about to bail on ya. I should have the interview done and back to you before the end of the day, M'man. I just hope you won't be disappointed.

And, thanks again. :biggrin:

"But that's OK. There's treasure children always seek to find.

And just like us, you must have had, a Once Upon A Time."

~Elton John

#9 Tom Bradley

Tom Bradley

A big old goober.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationUS Southwest

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

I'm game! And I'll bring cookies!!!  :tongue: 

Macadamia and white chocolate chip, please.

I'd be glad to volunteer if you want more fantasy writers.

I fantasize abut such things. You're in.

As first victim.... uhhh... interviewee, I'll say it:

Be afraid... be very afraid. :blink: :laugh:

No worries, Tom. I'm not about to bail on ya. I should have the interview done and back to you before the end of the day, M'man. I just hope you won't be disappointed.

And, thanks again. :biggrin:

De nada. I'm looking forward to your answers.

#10 KC Rivers

KC Rivers

Official fangirl since Ocarina of Time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:My first novel, "Prince of Light," is now available for Amazon Kindle.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

Sounds like fun! I'd be happy to jump in line somewhere, if YA/fantasy is cool with you. :smile:

#11 Tom Bradley

Tom Bradley

A big old goober.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationUS Southwest

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

Sounds like fun! I'd be happy to jump in line somewhere, if YA/fantasy is cool with you. :smile:

Cool like Fonzie. I'll send you some questions soon.

#12 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,577 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published ten books, including short stories by several AQC writers and debut novels by AQC authors A.T. O'Connor (aka Cat Woods), "ScubaSteve" Carman, and R.S. Mellette. Heading into 2016, we're aiming to publish at least two books, including the second Mellette novel and an anthology. In 2015, I saw a few memoir/nonfiction pieces published in Red Fez. I expect to do more of that in 2016 and beyond, while also looking to add freelance editing and writing clients.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

Got 'em. Will turn around soon.

....(elephant on a violet.... that violet would shrink quickly, methinks...)

#13 Peter Burton

Peter Burton

Court Jester and Wanna Be Author

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,958 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Self Published

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

I saw violet elephants once. But that was only because I refuse to see the standard pink ones when I'm drinking. :cool:

"But that's OK. There's treasure children always seek to find.

And just like us, you must have had, a Once Upon A Time."

~Elton John

#14 Darke

Darke

~Official AQC Cookie Provider~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:I have several short stories published with online magazines such as Bewildering Stories and Aphelion, and part of the 7DS anthology SLAYERS. I have six books in a paranormal series self-published, and as of 2015, I write articles for Gaiam TV. See my blog for more details.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

I saw violet elephants once. But that was only because I refuse to see the standard pink ones when I'm drinking. :cool:

Atta boy! Hallucinations are so much more fun when you roll with them. 

~I am neither an author nor a writer; I am a storyteller with good grammar.~

darkes_cover_4_sparkletn.jpg Book2TN.jpg darkescovenwtTN.jpg demonthumbnail.jpg 4311642f-9dfa-4c08-ac6d-a6979476c6ce.jpg

3e1a6d8e-6529-475b-b08d-34d575e93531.jpg

#15 Tom Bradley

Tom Bradley

A big old goober.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationUS Southwest

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

Perhaps it depends...what were you drinking? Excess rum turns my elephants a shade of orange, whereas añejo tequila brings out the chartreuse.

#16 Mark Friedlander

Mark Friedlander

AQ.Leverage Refugee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Indie publications of The Kewpie Killer, Life's a Beach Then You Die, Payback's a Beach

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

Excess rum turns my elephants a shade of orange, whereas añejo tequila brings out the chartreuse.

Excess rum? I didn't know there was such a thing.

Falafel Jones.net
Kewpie Killer
Paper or plastic digital 51nLuiQDVjL._SL110_.jpg51ZiyrardhL._SL110_.jpg51IDRMxZ2EL._SL110_.jpg51Bjjx6HDYL._SL110_.jpg

#17 Leigh Teale

Leigh Teale

Supergirl Writes Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Literary Status:published
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:The Calera Journal; Wiregrass Living Magazine; The Subterranean Quarterly; Midnight Starling Press

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

añejo tequila brings out the chartreuse.

You, too? Ah, tequila. Making my dreams more colorful since 2007.

skull-emoticon-for-facebook-status-comme   THE BUSINESS OF DEATH          Final Destination  x  Dead Like Me          Amazon | B&N | BAM | Powell's

stars-emoticon.png   CHANGELING          Magonia  x  Wings          Amazon | B&N | BAM | Powell's

#18 Tom Bradley

Tom Bradley

A big old goober.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationUS Southwest

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

Excess rum? I didn't know there was such a thing.

Well, I do have my limits, I just wasn't specific.

You, too? Ah, tequila. Making my dreams more colorful since 2007.

Making reality more colorful...

#19 Mark Friedlander

Mark Friedlander

AQ.Leverage Refugee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

Tom,

Your questions got caught in my SPAM filter. I wrung them out, dried them off and sent them back to you. I hope they made it ok.

Mark

Falafel Jones.net
Kewpie Killer

#20 Tom Bradley

Tom Bradley

A big old goober.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationUS Southwest

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

Tom,

Your questions got caught in my SPAM filter. I wrung them out, dried them off and sent them back to you. I hope they made it ok.

Mark

They did, and not worse for the wear and tear.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)