#1 Leigh Teale

Leigh Teale

Supergirl Writes Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Literary Status:published
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:The Calera Journal; Wiregrass Living Magazine; The Subterranean Quarterly; Midnight Starling Press

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

Don't know how many of you saw the announcement this morning, but B&N is converting PubIt! into NOOK Press. I signed up and played with the new service this morning. I don't know much about what PubIt! was like before, but I really like the feel of NOOK Press. It's very sleek, easy and intuitive to use, and I keep finding fancy features around every corner.

It looks like they've also made some changes to royalties, etc.

Thoughts? Experiences?

LINK: http://t.co/dQjIkPsSDJ

skull-emoticon-for-facebook-status-comme   THE BUSINESS OF DEATH          Final Destination  x  Dead Like Me          Amazon | B&N | BAM | Powell's

stars-emoticon.png   CHANGELING          Magonia  x  Wings          Amazon | B&N | BAM | Powell's

#2 Mark Friedlander

Mark Friedlander

AQ.Leverage Refugee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Indie publications of The Kewpie Killer, Life's a Beach Then You Die, Payback's a Beach

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

Hi, Leigh

Yesterday, I uploaded the KK to Nook books. I simply loaded one of my existing epub versions into Sigil, adjusted the html code for the cover size so it appeared OK in Adobe Reader and then uploaded it. It went through the first time I tried without any of the issues I experienced at Smashwords. I uploaded about 10 different epub files to Smashwords without passing the autovetter before I gave up and submitted a Word document.

It appears that loading directly to Nook Press might be preferable. While Smashwords will distribute to Nook Press, my Smashwords upload from two days prior is still "Pending Review" for their premium catalog and Smashwords pays 5% less royalties for Nook books than Nook does.

Mark

Falafel Jones.net
Kewpie Killer
Paper or plastic digital 51nLuiQDVjL._SL110_.jpg51ZiyrardhL._SL110_.jpg51IDRMxZ2EL._SL110_.jpg51Bjjx6HDYL._SL110_.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users