#1 ClarkLori

ClarkLori

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Author of five self-published books, hard at work on a new romance, due out February 2014!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

I am writing a book that goes to the editor the first week in June. Epub to follow soon after. The thing is, the book takes place in the fall, and the winter holidays. Do you think it matters that it's a winter book coming out in summer?

Just curious on your thoughts.

Thanks,

Lori

#2 RinguGirl

RinguGirl

not a beer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts
  • Literary Status:agented
  • LocationAsia

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:40 AM

I don't think that poses much of a problem, and I personally don't find anything odd about that. Sometimes people read books immediately after they've been published, or they read whenever they hear of it, which can be at a much later time, and the focus for most readers is usually on what it's about, rather than when it's been published. That's like saying you can only read A Christmas Carol in December. :)

#3 Alys Cohen

Alys Cohen

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published
  • LocationUS Northwest

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:28 AM

Unless you're trying to do a seasonal tie-in with your release, I don't think it'll matter.  I've got a fall release date for a novel taking place in spring.  No biggie. :)

#4 RavenRum

RavenRum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging
  • LocationAustralia/New Zealand

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:29 AM

Why should it matter? Novels are timeless. Besides, in Westeros Winter can last a lifetime...so....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users