#61 DellanFrank

DellanFrank

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:25 AM

I have just started writing and will update once i have got the proper sketch..

#62 TnkeaBell

TnkeaBell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:49 AM

Writin my blog article on money saving tips and leasing...

#63 Tom Preece

Tom Preece

Word Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:Virtually none. Long long ago in college I was published in a couple of student magazines

Posted 17 May 2015 - 04:36 PM

Well the rewrite I mentioned earlier in this thread was completed and is now in the hands of the agent, but I'm not holding my breath.  I've started the next work.  Too soon to tell where it's going, but I'm building it around a familiar setting, and I think I have several strongly drawn characters.

I've got a killer opening scene - a Cliven Bundy style confrontation viewed at a distance by justifiably paranoid man with binoculars.  I had written the whole thing several times when I realized it was version of the Chandler classic :  A man with gun comes to the door!

#64 Anna Lissiman

Anna Lissiman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:42 PM

Have just completed a 96,000 word thriller called “Cherry Float,” set during the summer of 1986 in Traverse City, Michigan, home to the National Cherry Festival. The book is narrated in turn by three characters speaking in first person.

1. Bullied thirteen-year-old Dawn is a dreamer who craves acceptance from her classmates.

2. Her elderly neighbor and recovering alcoholic, Alfred, seeks membership in the community following his wife’s death.

3. Ryan is a directionless teenager obsessed with heavy metal rock music, but cannot meet his parent’s high expectations. 

When middle school bully Kristy Fischer wins the coveted title of Cherry Princess and is later discovered brutally murdered and floating in a local lake, each of the three characters unwittingly hold pieces of the key to her killing and will come together to save Dawn’s only friend from a similar fate. The narrative style is a bit like "Stranger Things" meets Gillian Flynn, saturated with eighties pop culture and slang, told by individuals often marginalized or discredited within their communities because of their age.

#65 Sophia Beaumont

Sophia Beaumont

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Formerly published through Torquere Press, I self-published my books after they closed. Book one, The Spider's Web, is out now on Amazon with more to come. I'm still looking for an agent and a break into the "proper" publishing world.

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:36 PM

Let's see--

My current query is for a historical thriller, about a woman trying to find her husband's murderer in the wake of the American Civil War. 

My WIP is an alternate history based on The Three Musketeers, in which Quebec declared independence from England at the same time as America. It is also set in the 1860s. 

And the two I have on deck--one in outlining and one in research--are a YA historical mystery/thirller set in WWI, and a paranormal mystery/thriller/fantasy? set in the 1850s or 60s. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users