#1 Rick Spilman

Rick Spilman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • Literary Status:published
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:My novel Hell Around the Horn is published by Old Salt Press

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:06 AM

Since the arrival of the Kindle, which finally opened the long promised era of the ebook, indie books sellers have generally looked upon ebooks as the enemy.  That enemy however has been growing rapidly and a recent report by PricewaterhouseCoopers predicts that the U.S. consumer ebook market will be bigger than the print book market by 2017.

But what if indie bookstores could profitably sell both ebooks and print books side by side?  I recently learned about a retail ebook program by Enthrill which is designed to sell ebook gift cards alongside print books.  Whether it catches on remains to be seen, but it is intriguing idea. 

Merchandise ebooks where book lovers are, in major retail chains and book stores.

Ebook Gift Cards

EnthrillBooks specially designed ebook cards are a printed physical representation of a specific ebook title. The front of the card utilizes existing jacket art while the back has a description, author and publisher information, and download instructions for the consumer. Enthrill ebook cards are easy to use and work just like a gift card. Each card has a unique redemption code the reader enters online to download the ebook.

Display and Merchandising

Ebook cards are merchandised on beautiful displays specially designed to promote sales and discovery. Carefully crafted messaging draws the consumer's attention while providing clear instructions on the concept, device compatibility, and other program details.

Ebook cards also enable authors and publishers a unique way to bundle content. Create special offers by bundling by genre, author or series. Whether you are a publisher or retailer, Enthrill can work closely with you to create in-store solutions to suit your retail strategy.

#2 Michelle4Laughs

Michelle4Laughs

Walking on Sunshine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:BIRTH OF SAINTS trilogy(Harper Voyager): GRUDGING, FAITHFUL (Nov 15, 2016, Book 3 (Nov 2017). KINDAR'S CURE. Short stories in anthologies from EBP. Host of Query Kombat, Nightmare on Query Street, PB Party, Sun versus Snow.

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

Interesting idea. I wonder how it will expand and evolve.

25815723.jpg  29242455.jpg  16415686.jpg   18159598.jpg  20957949.jpg   

Blog: It's in the Details
Twitter

#3 Leigh Teale

Leigh Teale

Supergirl Writes Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Literary Status:published
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:The Calera Journal; Wiregrass Living Magazine; The Subterranean Quarterly; Midnight Starling Press

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:48 AM

I have to say, it's been a while since I've loved an idea this much. How well it will work, though, is anybody's guess. Anyone who already owns a reader like Nook or Kindle will be buying most of their books direct, so this probably won't catch on. However, I've seen first hand how frustrating it is for some people to shop for books as gifts for heavy readers.... When that reader has a digital device. This could be the opportunity for those shoppers, and also for those with ereaders that don't have their own direct store.

skull-emoticon-for-facebook-status-comme   THE BUSINESS OF DEATH          Final Destination  x  Dead Like Me          Amazon | B&N | BAM | Powell's

stars-emoticon.png   CHANGELING          Magonia  x  Wings          Amazon | B&N | BAM | Powell's

#4 S.K. Keogh

S.K. Keogh

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts
  • Literary Status:published, in-between agents
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:My debut historical novel, THE PRODIGAL, was published in 2012 by Fireship Press. My second novel, THE ALLIANCE, was released in Dec 2013. Currently I am querying agents with another historical novel.

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:12 PM

This would be a helpful sale tool to have on hand for authors selling their books at book fairs, etc. There are those who want the physical book, but for those preferring the ebook, they could purchase one of these handy cards from the author. I like the idea. Hopefully it will grow.

SKKeogh.com

http://www.facebook.com/S.K.Keogh

Click to purchase your copy or to read free samples
Photobucket.jpg19279504.jpgSmallCover_zpsa4ea36fe.jpg

#5 Andrew Nelson

Andrew Nelson

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Perfect Pawn (10/2013)
    Queen's Gambit (03/2014)

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

I really like this concept. Definitely something I will continue to watch. I agree that it is a great idea for an author to have these available when they are doing signings / speakings.

Blog: http://andrewgnelson.blogspot.com/

Twitter: @Andrew_G_Nelson

Facebook: https://www.facebook...drewGNelson2001

Goodreads: https://www.goodread...Andrew_G_Nelson

Perfect Pawn and Queen's Gambit are now available through Amazon, Barnes & Noble and KOBO.

PP_Cover_Small%2528thumb%2529.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users