#1 Mark Friedlander

Mark Friedlander

AQ.Leverage Refugee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Indie publications of The Kewpie Killer, Life's a Beach Then You Die, Payback's a Beach

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:15 AM

I subscribe to DFI (Digital Forensic Investigator) news and they just advertised a free webinar that might interest some of you who spend your time thinking about murder.

Crime Scene: Death Scene Checklist

Date: Thursday, July 11, 2013
Time: 1:00 PM ET
Duration: 90 Minutes

For most death investigations, you start with a plain notebook and start writing. Wouldn’t it be easier to just fill in the blanks beginning with time assigned to the release of the crime scene? The Checklist is designed to help you investigate a crime scene. It covers bodies found in structures, water, vehicles and open areas; it will put your investigation into a format where the information can be found. This information will also work as a reminder of what needs to be done, to get you thinking and to be more observant, as well as aid in the prosecution of the case. Class participants will be given a code to access the Death Scene Check List free of charge.

https://vts.inxpo.co...ipts/Server.nxp

Mark

Falafel Jones.net
Kewpie Killer
Paper or plastic digital 51nLuiQDVjL._SL110_.jpg51ZiyrardhL._SL110_.jpg51IDRMxZ2EL._SL110_.jpg51Bjjx6HDYL._SL110_.jpg

#2 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,571 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published ten books, including short stories by several AQC writers and debut novels by AQC authors A.T. O'Connor (aka Cat Woods), "ScubaSteve" Carman, and R.S. Mellette. Heading into 2016, we're aiming to publish at least two books, including the second Mellette novel and an anthology. In 2015, I saw a few memoir/nonfiction pieces published in Red Fez. I expect to do more of that in 2016 and beyond, while also looking to add freelance editing and writing clients.

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

Why does this make me chuckle? It just sounds like something for a late-night commercial appealing to a way too specific audience.

Do you spend too much time writing the narrative of your murder scene? Have you lost count of the times you missed minute details because you were jotting down information the coroner's office could provide? Tripped up in court when your description just wasn't clear? Fed up with detailing the same old same old? Sign up for the Death Scene Check List and you'll soon be every detective's favorite CSI!

#3 Late Bloomer

Late Bloomer

My Best Roaring is All on Paper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:21 AM

Darn, I missed it!!

#4 Mark Friedlander

Mark Friedlander

AQ.Leverage Refugee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Indie publications of The Kewpie Killer, Life's a Beach Then You Die, Payback's a Beach

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:39 AM

Darn, I missed it!!

I think the webinar is now available on demand at https://vts.inxpo.co...&LangLocaleID=0

The DFI News website is at http://view.mail.adv...46c037c7c16&r=0

Maybe they'll have other topics that interest you.

Mark

Falafel Jones.net
Kewpie Killer
Paper or plastic digital 51nLuiQDVjL._SL110_.jpg51ZiyrardhL._SL110_.jpg51IDRMxZ2EL._SL110_.jpg51Bjjx6HDYL._SL110_.jpg

#5 Joey

Joey

Owner of an Evil Little Manuscript

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:Newspaper articles in hometown newspaper on medicine and specialty insurance topics. Stop by my blog where refreshing iced is served after swift, verbal punches are thrown.

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:14 PM

Thanks Mark! I might check this out. 

Visit my blog! www.joeyfrancisco.blogspot.com

JoeynGA on Twitter!

"Substitute "damn" every time you're inclined to write "very"; your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be."

~Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users