#1 dennism

dennism

The World's Foremost Expert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:Self published "Runaway!" in 2011, paperback and Kindle, about a runaway slave boy, aka my petite opus. Publishing pre-experience: Profane Fire at the Altar of the Lord, aka my magnum opus. Nearly complete: a comic raunchy crime noir novella set in south Louisiana, aka my opus ridiculum.

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

Publishers Weekly sez:

With losses mounting in its Nook segment, Barnes & Noble reported a net loss of $154.8 million in the fiscal year ended April 27, 2013 compared to a loss of $65.6 million in fiscal 2012. Total sales fell 4.1%, to $6.84 billion. As sales of Nook devices sag, B&N announced that it will be adopting a “partner-centric” model to manufacture its color tablets as part of an effort to significantly cut expenses in the Nook group.

#2 Jean Oram

Jean Oram

Your friendly, neighborhood, all-purpose moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 9,301 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published, in-between agents
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:New York Times bestselling romance author. Independent author with traditional publishing experience. Everything from magazines to newspapers to short stories to novels.
  • City (optional):C-eh?-N-eh?-D-eh?

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

Yikes.

I love connecting with and helping other AQCers outside this forum as well. You can find me all over the place!

If you are looking for more about writing, you may find my blog helpful, as well as my Twitter feed:

*The Helpful Writer *Twitter

If you are a parent, you might be interested in my ideas on growing happy, healthy kids who'll thrive in this ever changing world (includes crafts, activities, games, articles, and fun!):
*Twitter *Blog *Pinterest *Facebook

I write stuff (www.jeanoram.com)

#3 KC Rivers

KC Rivers

Official fangirl since Ocarina of Time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:My first novel, "Prince of Light," is now available for Amazon Kindle.

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

Wow. :blink:

#4 Leigh Teale

Leigh Teale

Supergirl Writes Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Literary Status:published
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:The Calera Journal; Wiregrass Living Magazine; The Subterranean Quarterly; Midnight Starling Press

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

*sniffles*

*bursts into tears*

*refuses to face facts*

skull-emoticon-for-facebook-status-comme   THE BUSINESS OF DEATH          Final Destination  x  Dead Like Me          Amazon | B&N | BAM | Powell's

stars-emoticon.png   CHANGELING          Magonia  x  Wings          Amazon | B&N | BAM | Powell's

#5 Tom Preece

Tom Preece

Word Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:Virtually none. Long long ago in college I was published in a couple of student magazines

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

The collapse of the big box stores may well mean the resurrection of the local independents.  I'm hoping.

#6 Rick Spilman

Rick Spilman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • Literary Status:published
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:My novel Hell Around the Horn is published by Old Salt Press

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

To lose money during the Christmas session is more than scary.  B&N was instrumental in destroying so many indie bookstore. Perhaps they will be able to stage a partial come back once B&N finally bites the dust.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users