#1 Sakura Eries

Sakura Eries

Mostly lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:Four short stories in anthologies (Playthings of the Gods/Twice Upon a Time, Spring Fevers, Winter's Regret, Mysterion) and two in e-zines (earthscienceissues.net/fiction_for_the_classroom and Scape).

I also write manga reviews for The Fandom Post.

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:52 AM

The Kid Crit group has openings for new members! We are currently at four female and two male members, and we would like to have two more members in the group. Current members are working on middle grade and young adult manuscripts, but we would be open to reviewing chapter book or picture book manuscripts.

Our format is monthly swaps of up to 5,000 words each (20 pages) on the Kid Crits forum. Half the group submit during the first half of the month, and the rest submit during the second half of the month. We generally provide in-line feedback and overall comments to one another. 

Prospective members must have a thick skin and be willing and able to critique up to 80-100 pages every two weeks. If you are interested or have questions, send a PM to MarcyKate Connolly and Sakura Eries, and we'll provide more details.

The desire and ability within each of us to create is a reflection of our Creator.

Read my latest short story in Issues in Earth Science!
Historical tidbits, manga/book reviews and thoughts on writing YA lit -- check it out on my blog!

51436ajYo0L._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-61Qbgn0VaSL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-

#2 Yankeedoodle30

Yankeedoodle30

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS West Coast
  • Publishing Experience:Some non-fiction technical and peer-reviewed articles.

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:35 PM

Hello . . . any time you have an opening in your Kid Crit Group - please let me know.  I am a serious MG writer with one completed *tightly written) MS.

Thanks, don

Writing Portfolio: http://donnelson.writerfolio.com

“Don’t tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” - Anton Chekhov

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users