Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,431 posts
  • Literary Status:industry insider
  • LocationPacific Islands

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:05 PM

Here's a Quickie "Highlights" Tour of the special features within AQ Connect:

Registration and Account Validation

Congrats on becoming a registered member! Be sure to click on the validation link sent to you via email by our system. Once you have validated your account, you will have full access to all the AQ Connect site functionality.

Setting Up Your Member Profile and Notification Preferences

Be sure to properly configure your Member Profile and Notification Preferences.

In the upper right-hand corner, select the drop-down arrow for the following profile options:

• My Profile-->Recent status updates; About Me
  • My Settings-->Notification options; change email; change password
  • My Content-->view all your posts and activity
  • Messenger-->private message AQ Connect members
  • Manage Friends-->automatically accept friend requests or require approval
  • Manage Ignored Users

Click the MY SETTINGS link, and be sure to review all the tabs and options. Adjust your settings for each of the following AQ Connect Modules:

• My Settings-->Recent status updates; About Me
  • Forums--> Manage watched forums and topics
  • Profile-->Literary status, location, interests, change photo and avatar, about me
  • Chat
  • Blog
  • File

Receiving Notifications via Email

Go to your profile picture in the top right of this screen. Click on the arrow beside your picture, then choose "My Settings."

Once you are in "My Settings" choose "Notification Options." It will be in the pale option list on the far left.

Adjust your notifications accordingly.

If you want to "watch" a forum, but you aren't participating in it, click on the "Watch Forum" button that is on that forum page.

It's blue and at the top right of the page. You can do this for a topic, too.

When you click on "watch forum" you will get a few options to choose in terms of how you want to be notified. Please note: you do need to have the 'Master' settings chosen in your "My Settings" page first.

Calendar

The AQ Connect Calendar can be used as both a private and public tool for AQ Connect members.

Private Calendar

As a private calendar, AQ Connect members can list and track information only seen by them -- WIP word count goals, contest or submission deadlines, agent and editor time-tables, or various other personal and literary events.

Public Calendar

As a public calendar, all AQ Connect members may contribute to the calendar, listing any literary event that they would like to share with the entire AQ Connect community. These events can be community events such as recurring chats for specific groups, or they can be "outside" events like contest and conference registration deadlines, real-word or online writing workshops, book signings in various cities, and more!

Any registered AQ Connect member may contribute to the public events calendar.

Blog

As an AQ Connect member, you can create your own blog or add your existing external blog link to our AQ Comment Community Blog Roll. By doing so, all AQ Connect members will be able to find, view, track, and comment on your blog.

Creating a New Blog for the AQ Connect Community Blog Roll

Adding an Existing External Blog Link to the AQ Connect Community Blog Roll

To add your existing external blog to our AQ Connect Community blog roll, go to: Blogs-->Create a Blog-->Click checkbox to agree to terms-->Add three elements:
A). Name of your blog
B). Description of your blog
C). External blog settings - your external blog URL.

Library

The Library tab in the horizontal header leads you to the AQ Connect Community Library.

The AQ Connect Community Library is a reference repository of articles related to the publishing industry.

All registered AQ Connect members can search, review, and contribute to specific articles related to getting an agent and getting published, such as query letters, literary agents, editors, the submission process, rights & contracts, and more...

AQ Connect members can both submit articles for inclusion in the Community Library as well as comment on existing articles. All submitted articles will be subject to approval and should aim to be informative, detailed, and exceedingly useful.

The AQ Connect Community Library strives to be the best publishing reference guide for and by our members.

For more on how to submit a library article, read our informative how-to submit a library article.

#2 mim

mim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

My God I do not even understand how to get to my profile. HELP. I cannot navigate the help to navigate. Yikes. I am not sure how to send this or who I am sending it to but I am just going to hit enter and hope for the best but I have no idea how I will see, know or find an answer so if whoever sees this would like to email me I will get that at boragrove@aol.com I gather this is something like facebook but I have been on that for several years and cannot figure that out either.

Mim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users