3 replies to this topic

#1 MichaelRC

MichaelRC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, self-published, unagented
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:The first book in the LEGEND TRIPPERS series is now available for download on Amazon. The second book is due out later this year.

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:52 PM

Hey folks! Silly question here, but I'm the king of silly questions, so here it is.

I'm prepping for my first adenture into self-publishing and I have a quick question about KDP. I've been following Amazon's steps to upload my manuscript from Word. The preview looks fine, but there are some widowed/orphaned sentences here and there.

Is that to be expected or did I screw up somewhere? Thanks!

2fc0eb07-d664-40c3-9f97-fc261dd32242_zps
Legend Trippers
visit legend-trip.com for concept art, bonus materials, and real life accounts of paranormal phenomena

#2 MichaelRC

MichaelRC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, self-published, unagented
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:The first book in the LEGEND TRIPPERS series is now available for download on Amazon. The second book is due out later this year.

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:12 PM

Never mind!

2fc0eb07-d664-40c3-9f97-fc261dd32242_zps
Legend Trippers
visit legend-trip.com for concept art, bonus materials, and real life accounts of paranormal phenomena

#3 BB_

BB_

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:"Bastial Energy" "The Sartious Mage" "Bastial Steel" "Bastial Explosion" "Bastial Frenzy" (Amazon)

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:33 PM

Glad you got it resolved. Feel free to make another post or PM me if you come across any other issues during the process. Personally, I used a program called scrivener, not Microsoft Word. But depending on the question, I should still be able to help.

mk9i.jpg fdxm.jpg

#4 MassimoMarino

MassimoMarino

A Scientist envisioning Science Fiction

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, self-published, unagented
  • LocationEurope
  • Publishing Experience:My books are available online at the major retail stores in both US and EU, as ebook and paperback. An audiobook publisher in the US has released the audiobooks for both "Daimones" and "Once Humans". Vol.3, "The Rise of the Phoenix" is also available as ebook and paperback.

I am writing now a new novel with the events in the universe created by the "Daimones Trilogy"

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

...and, if you got your formatting out fine, you can also submit to Smashwords to be delivered to other retailers.

Massimo Marino
2012 PRG Reviewer's Choice Award Winner in Science Fiction
2013 Hall of Fame - Best in Science Fiction, Quality Reads UK Book Club
2013 PRG Reviewer’s Choice Award Winner in Science Fiction Series
2014 Finalist - Science Fiction - National Indie Excellence Awards L.A.

DaimonesAQ.jpg  OHAgentQuery.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users