#1 Mark Friedlander

Mark Friedlander

AQ.Leverage Refugee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Indie publications of The Kewpie Killer, Life's a Beach Then You Die, Payback's a Beach

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

Looks like Babelcube is accepting authors.

http://www.babelcube...acb751-37935817

Mark

Falafel Jones.net
Kewpie Killer
Paper or plastic digital 51nLuiQDVjL._SL110_.jpg51ZiyrardhL._SL110_.jpg51IDRMxZ2EL._SL110_.jpg51Bjjx6HDYL._SL110_.jpg

#2 BB_

BB_

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:"Bastial Energy" "The Sartious Mage" "Bastial Steel" "Bastial Explosion" "Bastial Frenzy" (Amazon)

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:09 AM

Thanks for the post! It seems to be the same format as ACX, but for translating instead of audio. Looks pretty good. I might do this.

mk9i.jpg fdxm.jpg

#3 Mark Friedlander

Mark Friedlander

AQ.Leverage Refugee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Indie publications of The Kewpie Killer, Life's a Beach Then You Die, Payback's a Beach

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:25 PM

Today I accepted an offer from a translator at Babelcube to translate Life's a Beach Then You Die into Spanish. The translator expects to complete the work in 40 days. This should be interesting.

Mark

Falafel Jones.net
Kewpie Killer
Paper or plastic digital 51nLuiQDVjL._SL110_.jpg51ZiyrardhL._SL110_.jpg51IDRMxZ2EL._SL110_.jpg51Bjjx6HDYL._SL110_.jpg

#4 Mark Friedlander

Mark Friedlander

AQ.Leverage Refugee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:31 PM

Today, I signed a contract at Babelcube.com to have my book, LABTYD translated to Spanish.

Mark

Falafel Jones.net
Kewpie Killer

#5 Mark Friedlander

Mark Friedlander

AQ.Leverage Refugee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:49 PM

In case anybody is interested, here's a follow up post on my experience publishing foreign language editions of my book. Yesterday, LABTYD first appeared at Kobo and then at Barnes and Noble I've also received an offer from an Italian language translator and expect the Italian edition to be out in July 2014.

The work on my part has been minimal.

• I uploaded the English language manuscript as a Word document.
  • Approved the first 10 pages.
  • Approved the final book.
  • Converted the final translated Word document to epub format (you can upload in Word format if you prefer),
  • Changed the words on the cover
  • Uploaded the cover.
  • Selected my price
  • Clicked "Publish"

Mark

Falafel Jones.net
Kewpie Killer

#6 AQCrew

AQCrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,740 posts
  • Literary Status:industry insider
  • LocationPacific Islands

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:59 AM

Great info, Mark.  Thanks for sharing.

#7 Mark Friedlander

Mark Friedlander

AQ.Leverage Refugee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:09 AM

While the bulk of my royalty earnings come from Amazon, I've found that secondary channels such as Audible can also be productive. For example, the first quarter of this year, my Audible earnings were about 10% of my Amazon earnings and my CreateSpace earnings were only about a quarter of my Audible royalties. I don't know how well Babelcube will pay out but it's worth a shot and I have nothing to lose.

Mark 

Falafel Jones.net
Kewpie Killer

#8 FeelingShred

FeelingShred

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented, industry insider
  • LocationSouth America
  • Publishing Experience:None yet. I hope to become a translator soon, and through this turning a hobby into money-making

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:11 PM

I don't know how well Babelcube will pay out but it's worth a shot and I have nothing to lose. Mark 

Hello, I created an account here just to know more about your experience with Babelcube. Are they honest? Do they pay everything right? Are they transparent? I'm asking all this because I want to be a translator there, but before I "invest my time" in it I must know if they are 100% honest in business.

#9 Mark Friedlander

Mark Friedlander

AQ.Leverage Refugee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:38 PM

Hello, I created an account here just to know more about your experience with Babelcube. Are they honest? Do they pay everything right? Are they transparent? I'm asking all this because I want to be a translator there, but before I "invest my time" in it I must know if they are 100% honest in business.

Hi Shred,

Babelcube is new and I got to see them roll out essential features. For example, my first book was ready before their upload system was completed. I was impressed by how accessible Carlos Granados has been each time I needed to contact Babelcube support. They have been open and aboveboard in all of my dealings with them.

I have one edition of my book out in Spanish and one out in Italian. The Portuguese edition is due out in the fall. So far, sales have not been impressive but that reflects more on me than on anybody else.

Authors may be interested to know that Amazon doesn't consider foreign language editions of a book to be a violation of the exclusivity requirement of their Select program.

Mark

Falafel Jones.net
Kewpie Killer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users