Disclaimer

Photo

After FREE on Amazon, how do readers find second book?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jencantwell

jencantwell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS West Coast
  • Publishing Experience:N/A

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:39 PM

Hi all,

I've been very intrigued to read about the tactics for selling second+ ebooks in a series after capturing an audience by offering your first book for free. I am curious, though, about how the readers FIND that second book (which they need to pay for) once it's released. When it comes out does it appear on the individual's amazon page? Or is there some other way to market directly to the people who downloaded your first, free, book?

Thanks!

#2 Jean Oram

Jean Oram

Your friendly, neighborhood, all-purpose moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 9,302 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published, in-between agents
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:New York Times bestselling romance author. Independent author with traditional publishing experience. Everything from magazines to newspapers to short stories to novels.
  • City (optional):C-eh?-N-eh?-D-eh?

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:47 PM

In the back of your first book you can mention the second book is coming, add an excerpt, etc. so they know to watch for it. Once the book is released, add a link to the book's sales page in the back of the first one.

But the biggest thing is a mailing list. Use an email newsletter service provider so you don't have to worry about breaking spam laws--MailChimp, AWeber, and Constant Contact are some that provide free subscriptions for you for the first 2000 subscribers or so. (Double check that though.) Set that up on your website so people can opt in to your mailing list. Add a link in the back of your books so they can subscribe to get an email when the next book is released.

Amazon will also do things like suggest your book to those who downloaded the first one.

But no, there is no way to send an email (yourself) to everyone who got the first book. As well, people who download a free book don't always read it. You have to be out there!

Good luck.

I love connecting with and helping other AQCers outside this forum as well. You can find me all over the place!

If you are looking for more about writing, you may find my blog helpful, as well as my Twitter feed:

*The Helpful Writer *Twitter

If you are a parent, you might be interested in my ideas on growing happy, healthy kids who'll thrive in this ever changing world (includes crafts, activities, games, articles, and fun!):
*Twitter *Blog *Pinterest *Facebook

I write stuff (www.jeanoram.com)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users