#1 jadah

jadah

The Query Faerie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:My debut NA sci-fi novel, ARTIFICIAL, was pubbed April 4 by Curiosity Quills Press. The sequel, ORGANIC, is forthcoming May 2017.

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:51 AM

Hello there!

I've recently started up a blog in which I'll be giving query tips and reviewing self-pubbed novels. The lovely Miss KC Rivers suggested I post a topic in Indie Cafe to see if I had any takers! Anyone interested in having their novel reviewed (or does anyone have a query they'd like critiqued and don't mind having it posted on the blog)? I have five novels lined up so far, woo hoo! E-mail me at thequeryfaerie@gmail.com!

And check out the blog! There is a link in my signature. (Okay, so it's not all fancy and pretty yet, but I promise it will get there!)

Thanks for reading!

Find ARTIFICIAL on Goodreads and Amazon!

#2 lee debourg

lee debourg

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:CONCURRENT RELATIONSHIPS is on Amazon KDP. Second novel will be placed by Spring.

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:57 PM

You go girl!

http://Lee DeBourg.w....com/leedebourg
CONCURRENT RELATIONSHIPS http://amzn.com/BOOFTZ7XBO
[url=http://twitter.com/leedebourg]http://twitter.com/leedebourg
Book Trailer http://wwwyoutu.be/EoMgt36m1nA

#3 jadah

jadah

The Query Faerie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:My debut NA sci-fi novel, ARTIFICIAL, was pubbed April 4 by Curiosity Quills Press. The sequel, ORGANIC, is forthcoming May 2017.

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:59 PM

Hey, thanks! ;)

#4 K_Claremont

K_Claremont

Wanna-be Polymath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:MARONA novels:
    Vendetta
    The World Walker

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

Hi jadah,

I'm interested, and I could pass along this information to my fellow authors elsewhere, but I'm looking for some additional information first.

Are you involved in the publishing business somehow?  For instance, are you an agent, or do you work for an agent and therefore have some "insider" knowledge on how to craft the perfect query?  Are you an author whose been through the process?  I didn't see anything listed on the site.  It might be helpful to post that info in your "About" section.  I know people love Query Shark, for instance, because they know that an actual agent who is familiar with the process is reading the queries.

WebsiteOeuvreShopFacebookGoodreadsWattpadTwitter

Vendetta-thumb-109x175_zps7wtsnnby.jpg WW-thumb-109x175_zpshhljkk8b.jpg Jasmine-thumb-112x175_zps463vx1bt.jpg

Vendetta (High Fantasy, Heist Elements)
The World Walker (Epic Fantasy/High Fantasy)
Jasmine of the Fireflies (Magical Realism, LGBTQIA+ Romance, Short Story)

#5 jadah

jadah

The Query Faerie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationUS South

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:00 AM

I have no insider info. I'm not involved in the publishing industry (I wish. It's my goal in life to become an agent.)

The only experience I have is from writing my own queries (I've written two MSs, and written a query for each) and from critiquing probably over 100 queries on the AQC query forum. After critiquing so many queries, you almost start to feel like an agent--you can see why this or that didn't work, or see that a hook isn't hooky enough after sifting through dozens of queries. I've been approached quite a few times with requests to critique someone's query, and so I thought it would be fun to do a Query Shark type thing for those that were open to it. The query critiques are to help the author--you can't ever get too many critiques...I've been there--and in no way am I stating that I'm some kind of expert. I will definitely add that to my About page. Thanks for the heads up!

As for the book reviews, I don't write fluffy, sugar-coated reviews. I will always read a book objectively and give a truthful and helpful review. My main goal is to help authors with their writing skillz and to promote their work.

If you have any more questions just let me know and I'll be happy to answer them! This is the first blog I've ever had, and it's hard to tell if you're going in the right direction or the wrong one, ya know?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users