#1 sdiddy

sdiddy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Southwest

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:30 PM

Hello All, I have all but given up on trying to get agented, so I want to try and query indie publishers directly. Can anyone point me towards some list of Indie publishers (if by genre, even better!).

Its a 95K YA Fiction novel with light sci-fi and some post-apocalyptic themes. 

I recently read about Curiosity Quills also...how are they? 

Thanks!

#2 Guest_AWExley_*

Guest_AWExley_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:31 PM

Querytracket.net has a list of publishers, who can look through that and see who accepts unsolicited submissions.

Apart from that I found following other writers and writing blogs on twitter a great way to find small presses. If you enter/watch pitch competition there are frequently small presses involved. It really is just a case of keeping your ears open, listening to who other writers sign with. You can also check Absolute Write as the have a forum about publishers. 

#3 Jeanne

Jeanne

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:My debut novel, BLOOD OF A STONE (Tuscany Press), was released in March 2015 and received an Independent Publishing Book Award (Bronze) in the national category of religious fiction. My short stories and creative nonfiction have been published Hippocampus, Literary Mama, Museum of Americana, Red Savina Review, Hermeneutic Chaos Literary Journal, and Barrelhouse, among many others.

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:33 PM

For YA publishers, you might want to check out this list:

http://myperfectpitc...ook-publishers/

Jeanne

#4 LucidDreamer

LucidDreamer

Pragmatic Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Blue Ridge Library Mystery series, (publisher Crooked Lane Books) written as Victoria Gilbert. Book One - A MURDER FOR THE BOOKS: December 2017. Book Two - SHELVED UNDER MURDER: July 2018. Book Three - PAST DUE FOR MURDER: Feb. 2019. Bks 4 & 5 in series under contract.

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:25 AM

Not on that list, but also good are Spencer Hill Press and Month9Books.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users