2 replies to this topic

#1 datyla

datyla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 138 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:Working on it. Fully written manuscript though.

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:34 PM

How are you guys doing today?

Me? I'm pretty good, hanging in there, you know.

Well, I had this idea, and I wanted to hit you guys up with it. I, like many of you fine people, have written a book, and gone through the querying process without anything to show for it. So I put my whole novel up at http://thecelestiale....wordpress.com/

It was both hard and liberating to let go of the idea of making money. I, like many of you, glued together the words of my story with blood and midnight tears, but I guess I'm sacrificing the wealth aspect for the chance to reach people might offer so much more potential down the road. Agents are just predictors, and success is all about popularity. I'm pretty sure if you can get enough people into your stuff, you won't have to worry about representation.   

Thanks for reading this, and thanks even more if you end up checking out my story! It would never have gotten to where it is now without this site! Querying ripped through the plotholes and weak sentences and gave me a multi-dimensional view of what The Celestial Equation was really about. 

Now I'm off to watch the Great Gatsby! You're my heroes!

#2 kevinmont

kevinmont

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:My historical novel, Six Winter Days, was published in April, 2014 by Blue Water Press

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:16 AM

I just got published with an independent publisher. It took me ten years. I expect to make about 7 cents per hour, minus taxes, of course. I got nowhere with agents, 200 query letters, every one of them customized, and not a single one of them accepted or offering any hope.

I even flew to Florida last year from Chicago at my own expense to meet with my prospective publisher and convince him that my novel is good.

He said, " I know. I'm going to take it. You're not going to get rich, though, you know that, right?"

I'm going to read your novel tonight or tomorrow.

#3 Guest_AWExley_*

Guest_AWExley_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:23 AM

It would reach more readers if you published it on Amazon or Smashwords and made it free. I think it would be seen by more people than having it on your blog. Just a thought if you want to reach a greater audience  :smile:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users