#1 Darke

Darke

~Official AQC Cookie Provider~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:I have several short stories published with online magazines such as Bewildering Stories and Aphelion, and part of the 7DS anthology SLAYERS. I have six books in a paranormal series self-published, and as of 2015, I write articles for Gaiam TV. See my blog for more details.

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:34 PM

I've been right into overseas markets lately. More than once I've heard that the buzzword for 2014 will be global; and in author's NEED to think globally. Now, as most on AQC are from North America and have little insight to the European markets, that's why I found this blog to be so enlightening.

http://ebookbargainsuk.wordpress.com/

This blog talks not only about what's happening in the European, Asian, and other overseas markets, but gives readers distribution sites that Amazon and Smashwords don't. Now, some of these ebook sites you can get into via Kobo, and as Smashwords distributes to them, there's a chance your book could be there too. They say it's a 50/50 chance, but all mine are there. Some aren't open to directly upload yet either, but according to the blog, that's only a matter of time.

~I am neither an author nor a writer; I am a storyteller with good grammar.~

darkes_cover_4_sparkletn.jpg Book2TN.jpg darkescovenwtTN.jpg demonthumbnail.jpg 4311642f-9dfa-4c08-ac6d-a6979476c6ce.jpg

3e1a6d8e-6529-475b-b08d-34d575e93531.jpg

#2 Guest_AWExley_*

Guest_AWExley_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

I read a blog somewhere about the huge potential of India, now that Amazon has an INR store. I'll see if I can track it down. People definitely need to be less-US focused if they want to continue to expand  :smile:

#3 KC Rivers

KC Rivers

Official fangirl since Ocarina of Time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:My first novel, "Prince of Light," is now available for Amazon Kindle.

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:04 PM

I never thought about the cost of paper in other countries. Good points. (I always secretly wished that my book would sell like crazy over in Britain or Japan so that I could do a book tour in those places. I love to travel.)

#4 Darke

Darke

~Official AQC Cookie Provider~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:I have several short stories published with online magazines such as Bewildering Stories and Aphelion, and part of the 7DS anthology SLAYERS. I have six books in a paranormal series self-published, and as of 2015, I write articles for Gaiam TV. See my blog for more details.

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:00 PM

I do well in three of the four English speaking countries, US, UK, and Australia. I have sales in Canada, but not as much as the other stores.

~I am neither an author nor a writer; I am a storyteller with good grammar.~

darkes_cover_4_sparkletn.jpg Book2TN.jpg darkescovenwtTN.jpg demonthumbnail.jpg 4311642f-9dfa-4c08-ac6d-a6979476c6ce.jpg

3e1a6d8e-6529-475b-b08d-34d575e93531.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users