#61 Jamaica305

Jamaica305

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:09 PM

First of all, I'd like to state that mystery/thriller novels have kind of been my thing since I was six years old and read my first copy of Nancy Drew. I also like Dungeons & Dragons and The World of Darkness.

Those things being said, it should come as no suprise that my baby, my tiny WIP, is a supernatural mystery/thriller starring a mage. It also touches on other supernatural beings (lycanthropes, vampires, shapeshifters, psychics - you name it, Southport's got it).

Of course, the biggest danger here is that it's already been done. Jim Butcher has written a phenomenal series known as The Dresden Files, and Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake books are nothing to scoff at. I'm drawing some influence from both series, while trying to remain as original as possible.

Here's the plot breakdown:
Artemis Wilder, mage, is called out to assist the police in a murder that the press is calling supernatural in nature. Before long, he discovers evidence pointing to his ex-lover and mentor, Balthazar (Zar for short) Kauffman. However, when Zar shows up proclaiming his innocence, Artemis finds himself in a race against time as the killer closes in on him - and everyone he holds dear.

Jah bless

#62 Jamaica305

Jamaica305

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:11 PM

Marie it sounds good though. By tiny, How much have you really done so far. Maybe we can be critique partners
Jah bless

#63 JeffJustWrites

JeffJustWrites

Hal ethrimi! (Keep writing!)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Seeking agent for a New Adult epistolary dark fantasy/horror novel.

Posted 12 November 2016 - 03:43 PM

My current project is called "The Personal Account of Darius Carlyle," a new adult epistolary dark fantasy/horror novel. I've posted the synopsis elsewhere, but I don't think I could do any harm posting it here as well since it pertains to the genre:

Told through his personal journals, letters & notebooks, Darius Carlyle is a 200 year-old mystical werewolf hunter who recounts his investigation into the five gruesome murders attributed to the infamous "Jack the Ripper." But when tragedy strikes & Darius's wife is afflicted with lycanthropy, Darius begins a frantic & seemingly futile quest to find a cure, despite having read & been told all his life that there is no cure. Darius's desperate search for answers eventually brings him face-to-face with true evil, and he will be forced to answer one question:

Are you strong enough to break your own heart?

I'm currently handwriting the first draft. I've documented the writing process on my Twitter, @Mavonduri if anyone is interested, since I don't know how to post pictures on this forum, or even if I can. Anyway, let me know what you think!

My Perpetually Metamorphosing Query

At vahrai u ihlókéon. At u Atavithion. 

#64 Socraticmoron

Socraticmoron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 21 August 2017 - 03:00 AM

I have a ms in the beta reader phase tentatively called "Harmonious : Between Hell and Darkness".  I've over halfway done with its companion ms, and have enjoyed every bit of typing it.  Editing and such is a different matter, but I know it has to be done.  The story is based in our world with an ongoing war between Lucifer and The Dybbuk.  Many mythological beings are present and the story is a blend of fantasy, horror, and adventure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users