#21 Nä-lé Änäkä

Nä-lé Änäkä

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 07 June 2015 - 01:38 AM

I thought of using a different name but I love being who I am. I only shorten it to initials for space, and you can't read my first name when I sign it anyway.

#22 Nila N Brown

Nila N Brown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:Self published two short stories on Smashwords and a short story "Blue Caladium" in the inaugural May 2013 edition of the Kingdom of Fantasy Magazine in London. I've also self published a trilogy, "Kurai Utopia," and a children's book, "When You Die, You Go To Mississippi." currently working on the sequel to "Mississippi."

Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:46 AM

Full name - Nila N. Brown. I used to hate my name but now I see it as a brand. 

#23 DavFL589

DavFL589

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Published one ebook, Ravaged Souls on Smashwords.

Posted 27 March 2016 - 12:46 PM

Used initials and last name. I'm from a very small town (pop approx. 3k) that leans heavily to the red side of the red-blue state spectrum. Given that my work touched pretty heavily on controversial subject matter I was really tempted to go with a pen name instead of my real name. In the end I just couldn't. The idea of hiding behind a pen name just left too much of a bad taste in my mouth, but then again I wasn't quite ready to lead with my chin either so initials seemed like the best compromise for me.

#24 RSMellette

RSMellette

I Have Many Skills.

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:The Xena Scrolls on-line and episode TV credit. I worked on the show for the first two years.
    Billy Bobble Makes A Magic Wand, Dec. 2014 Elephant's Bookshelf Press

Posted 28 March 2016 - 07:03 PM

My agent suggested going "gender neutral" because my first MS is first person in a girl's voice - so a male name on the cover makes that hard on the reader's inner voice. I'm cool with that.

From Elephant's Bookshelf Press

51xExIpByyL._SS140_SH35_.jpg51n1zBAR2vL._SS140_SH35_.jpg

by R.S. Mellette

"WOW. That is the first word that comes to mind when I think about how I felt reading this book - WOW. I was so pleasantly surprised - oh, let's be honest, it was more like blown away!" -- Holy B. In NC, Amazon Review.

#25 R.T. Leslie

R.T. Leslie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 09 May 2016 - 12:30 PM

How I decide is because of J.k Rowling I like the way it look for her and I like the way it is for me.

R.T.Leslie

#26 Leigh Teale

Leigh Teale

Supergirl Writes Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Literary Status:published
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:The Calera Journal; Wiregrass Living Magazine; The Subterranean Quarterly; Midnight Starling Press

Posted 02 July 2016 - 11:00 AM

I decided to go with a full pen name for multiple reasons. First, because I lost my middle name when I got married and I really liked it. Second, because I was named after my great-grandfather so using his last name was a way to honor that. Third, because I have my hands (or keys if you will) in a lot of different pies in the publishing world and I like to keep things separate. I do non-fiction, I do journalism, I do poetry, I freelance, and I'm trying to set up my own publisher. Keeping the fantasy books separate seemed a no-brainer.

skull-emoticon-for-facebook-status-comme   THE BUSINESS OF DEATH          Final Destination  x  Dead Like Me          Amazon | B&N | BAM | Powell's

stars-emoticon.png   CHANGELING          Magonia  x  Wings          Amazon | B&N | BAM | Powell's

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users