#1 scubasteve4

scubasteve4

Gone Writing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, published, agented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:My debut novel BATTERY BROTHERS is due out with Elephant's Bookshelf Press on March 30, 2014.

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:55 AM

My debut novel Battery Brothers is due out March 30, 2014, and I’m excited to reveal the following: 1) the cover design; 2) a donation agreement w/ a children’s wish granting charity

1) THE COVER: The awesomely talented Kirk DouPonce shot the photo of the pitcher/catcher models and designed the cover. I’m biased, but I think Kirk knocked it out of the park. 

2) THE DONATION: 100% of the proceeds from the sale of Battery Brothers benefit the Sunshine Foundation, a 501c(3) charity. Their sole purpose is to answer the dreams of chronically ill, seriously ill, physically challenged, and abused children, ages three to eighteen, whose families cannot fulfill their requests due to the financial strain that child's illness may cause. I’m indebted to AQC's own Matt Sinclair, CEO of Elephant’s Bookshelf Press, for going along with my idea to go the charity route. Matt and I are thrilled the Sunshine Foundation is partnering with us, and we hope to sell a lot of books and help fulfill the wishes of children in need.

Due to be published by Elephant’s Bookshelf Press on March 30, 2014, Battery Brothers is the story of two brothers, a pitcher/catcher duo on a high school baseball team. Publishers Weekly described it as “Friday Night Lights meets baseball . . . edgy coming-of-age story about overcoming adversity and personal tragedy.” Battery Brothers will be initially available in paperback and e-book on Amazon.com, with further distribution soon thereafter.

Thanks!

Attached Files

http://www.stevencarman.com

BatteryBros3.jpg

Published: March 30, 2014
Elephant's Bookshelf Press

#2 LucidDreamer

LucidDreamer

Pragmatic Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Author of a five book cozy mystery series -- the Blue Ridge Library Mystery series -- with Crooked Lane Books. Books one, two, and three out now, book four out Jan. 2020. New mystery series -- the Booklovers B&B series -- contracted with Crooked Lane for future publication.

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:08 AM

The cover looks great!

Congratulations on the publication of this book, Steve -- and bless you for your awesome contribution to a very worthy cause.

#3 Michelle4Laughs

Michelle4Laughs

Walking on Sunshine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:BIRTH OF SAINTS trilogy(Harper Voyager): GRUDGING, FAITHFUL (Nov 15, 2016, Book 3 (Nov 2017). KINDAR'S CURE. Short stories in anthologies from EBP. Host of Query Kombat, Nightmare on Query Street, PB Party, Sun versus Snow.

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:33 AM

I really like it. It's a fantastic cover. Congrats! 

25815723.jpg  29242455.jpg  16415686.jpg   18159598.jpg  20957949.jpg   

Blog: It's in the Details
Twitter

#4 Jemi

Jemi

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,791 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:44 AM

Fantastic!! Congrats :)

#5 scubasteve4

scubasteve4

Gone Writing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:My debut novel BATTERY BROTHERS is due out with Elephant's Bookshelf Press on March 30, 2014.

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:38 PM

Thanks. And I owe a huge THANKS to the AQC community. I've learned so much from so many talented people on this site. You guys rock! 

BatteryBros3.jpg

#6 J. Lea Lopez

J. Lea Lopez

Glamourscribe

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:My work first appeared in Divine Dirt Quarterly and Oysters&Chocolate. Sadly, these are both out of print now. More recently, my short stories have appeared in two anthologies (The Spring and The Fall) from Elephant's Bookshelf Press. I have self published two novels and a short story collection.

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:06 AM

This is amazing, Steve! I remember seeing snippets from this waaay back on the original AQC site! The cover looks great and the charity arrangement is so fantastic. Congratulations.

#7 KC Rivers

KC Rivers

Official fangirl since Ocarina of Time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:My first novel, "Prince of Light," is now available for Amazon Kindle.

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:12 PM

Awesome work! I love the cover - it turned out excellent.

#8 Malz

Malz

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Proud indie author =)

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:13 AM

I remember the query for this one, and I have to agree that the cover is amazing. Congrats on publication!

Rules are meant to be broken.

#9 AQCrew

AQCrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,740 posts
  • Literary Status:industry insider
  • LocationPacific Islands

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:43 AM

Great to see this...

#10 scubasteve4

scubasteve4

Gone Writing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:35 PM

Great to see this...

Thanks! There are a lot of advantages of being published by a big publisher. It was and still is a dream of mine. I am, however, very happy with my decision to go with EBP for my debut. I mean, what publisher says that they're willing to put in huge amount of work to get a book ready for market, invests financially in the project, and then signs away the rights to benefit financially? Well, I know one. Matt Sinclair's Elephant's Bookshelf Press. His other books are for-profit -- give them a look. 

BatteryBros3.jpg

#11 S.K. Keogh

S.K. Keogh

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts
  • Literary Status:published, in-between agents
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:My debut historical novel, THE PRODIGAL, was published in 2012 by Fireship Press. My second novel, THE ALLIANCE, was released in Dec 2013. Currently I am querying agents with another historical novel.

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

Congrats and a cool cover. Just in time for the start of the season, eh?

SKKeogh.com

http://www.facebook.com/S.K.Keogh

Click to purchase your copy or to read free samples
Photobucket.jpg19279504.jpgSmallCover_zpsa4ea36fe.jpg

#12 scubasteve4

scubasteve4

Gone Writing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:49 PM

Congrats and a cool cover. Just in time for the start of the season, eh?

Thanks! Yeah, good timing :smile:. I love your book covers. The Alliance is a beautiful work of art! 

BatteryBros3.jpg

#13 S.K. Keogh

S.K. Keogh

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts
  • Literary Status:published, in-between agents
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:My debut historical novel, THE PRODIGAL, was published in 2012 by Fireship Press. My second novel, THE ALLIANCE, was released in Dec 2013. Currently I am querying agents with another historical novel.

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:33 PM

Thanks! Yeah, good timing :smile:. I love your book covers. The Alliance is a beautiful work of art! 

Thanks, man. The artist is a Russian fellow, but the design was done by ACQ's own Midnight Whimsy. I highly recommend her! She will be doing the design (next month!) for my third novel (to be released before Christmas).

SKKeogh.com

http://www.facebook.com/S.K.Keogh

Click to purchase your copy or to read free samples
Photobucket.jpg19279504.jpgSmallCover_zpsa4ea36fe.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users