#21 Brendacarre

Brendacarre

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published, unagented, industry insider
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:I write fantasy, urban fantasy, young adult, steampunk and romance fiction. I also write short fiction in a variety of genres. I have published short fiction. My first pro fiction sale was THE TALE OF NAMELESS CHAMELEON (recommended reading by Tangent Online) to the Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction. Most recent publications: EMBRACE OF THE PLANETS Sept-October 2014 Magazine of F&Sf. SHE WALKS IN BEAUTY November 2014 FICTION RIVER PAST CRIME ANTHOLOGY, GOOLIE UNRULY, Feb 2015 SKYWARRIOR BOOKS FIRST CONTACT CAFE ANTHOLOGY, GRET, BLACKGUARDS/BLACKLIST ANTHOLOGY from Ragnarok Publications, ST JEAN AND THE DRAGON May 2015 FICTION RIVER ALCHEMY AND STEAM ANTHOLOGY. I am currently at work on a Mythic Epic Fantasy series set in a Parallel Universe.

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:21 PM

I agree with Cali, Lanette. I think the feet on the ground approach is awesome too. It's always interesting seeing the tension that can develop in a story when both views come up against one another.

#22 Cat Woods

Cat Woods

Juvenile Junky and Clairvoyant Ninja

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,157 posts
  • Literary Status:published, in-between agents
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:As Cat Woods: adult short stories in the Seasons Anthologies. Middle Grade Anthology: TALES FROM THE BULLY BOX (2014). Middle Grade Novel: ABIGAIL BINDLE AND THE SLAM BOOK SCAM (2015).

As A.T.O'Connor: short stories in the Seasons Anthologies. YA Novel: WHISPERING MINDS.

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:22 PM

Lol! I took the remote viewing test. What does it mean when you score below chance? Like a trained monkey would have a better chance of pointing out the right picture than me!

Hilarious. Thanks for the time sucker, Cali.

Cat Woods
Juvenile Junction Group Moderator

Words from the Woods~ Blog for Cat Woods
From the Write Angle~ Group Blog

Whispering Minds~ Blog for A.T. O'Connor

SpringFeversthumb.jpg   thefall_front_cover.jpg

#23 C. Taylor

C. Taylor

Subsisting on Pots of Tea

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,300 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published, agented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:I'm a NY Times and USA Today bestselling author writing under the pen name, Cali MacKay and write fun and steamy contemporary romances, in addition to erotica, paranormal romances and mysteries. I also write steampunk romances under the pen name Calista Taylor.

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:28 PM

Lol! I took the remote viewing test. What does it mean when you score below chance? Like a trained monkey would have a better chance of pointing out the right picture than me!

Hilarious. Thanks for the time sucker, Cali.

Don't feel bad-- I got one right out of ten on the quick RV test. You should try the others.

Cali MacKay

FREE

51HdjDwZKxL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51Ekbyv33TL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51HnUjguTHL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-511uTCIPFnL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51-y12BGRPL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51LB9MAkXgL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-612uyFf1xML._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-61y0ZMZ-%2BaL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arro51J-PsyEZoL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-

#24 Amy

Amy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:None

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:57 PM

Cat I LOVE that you have this great little haunted preschool!! Definitely sounds like a positive spirit. I have had experiences where I have entered a house and KNOWN that it housed some form of negative essence. I believe we are sensitive enough to know when there is a positive or negative energy in different places and it sounds like you have a positive one. So cool. C Taylor you should try to sum up on your experiences! Would love to hear about them! And William I too personally feel we all have powerful abilities that we ignore, deny or simply don't know how to access yet. (It's actually a big topic in my current book :0). I definitely don't think that we as human beings are "finished" yet! :0)

#25 Amy

Amy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationUS Southwest

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:04 PM

Lanette you are definitely NOT ODD! Numerous perspectives make us THINK about it more! Helps us all expand our own opinions!:smile:

#26 Amy

Amy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationUS Southwest

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:07 PM

Candycane I totally agree. There is a difference when you walk in to a space and really FEEL a difference in the energy there. I lived in an old home in the country in Wisconsin for about a year. The house had a bit of an uncanny feeling, but one bedroom in particular upstairs was off the charts. You felt one sensation in the house, and an entirely different...more powerful...more negative one in this bedroom. I often wondered if something happened in that room. I never did ask the owners. Wish I had.

#27 Guest_Lady Spiderwitch_*

Guest_Lady Spiderwitch_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:13 PM

I have a spine tingling real life experience I would love to share. I've actually tried to post it and the comment never shows up in the thread. I am dead serious about this and truly think I am not allowed to tell this story.

So I'll share this quick little story that is occurring right now in my life.

I bought a 112 year old house for my preschool. One month into opening, my car keys disappeared. I searched the place over, dumping every tub, cleaning out every cupboard, etc. Even though my keys are always placed in my basket by the front door each morning and are out of reach of kids.

One month to the day, they turned up in a plastic bag in the laundry room closet. Did I mention that the entire house is only 700 square feet? Or that I searched it in its entirety no less than three times?

Then, three weeks ago, my deadbolt was unlocked every morning when I came to work, yet the handle was still locked. After the first two days, I made sure it was locked as I left. Still unlocked.

That Friday I told one of my preschool parents about it while in the house. On Monday, the house was fully locked but ALL my posters were down. The entire alphabet plus about ten more for a total of 36. All down and on the floor.

The next day started with my heat being turned way up when I got to work. I always turn it down to 64 when I leave. When I get here, it's been set at 70. I only ever turn it up to 68 during the day, so it's not like I'm forgetting for the past week and a half.

Fun stuff. Yet, the house has the warmest, most comforting atmosphere ever. The first time I stepped in it, I knew I had to have it. And every preschooler who comes here is completely at ease. Even the ones who typically cry in new settings practically push their parents out the door. Two sets of parents have commented on how unusual that is for their kids.

Food for thought...

Wow that was cool!

#28 nol_c

nol_c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:39 PM

Has anyone seen The Woman In Black yet? Freaky although sort of a dumb ending. Heard footsteps upstairs in the middle of the night last night (after seeing the movie) and was like OMG - The Woman in Black! (It turned out to be my 5 year old son!)

I would love to get your feedback on my query!

#29 Guest_Lady Spiderwitch_*

Guest_Lady Spiderwitch_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

Yes I did. That movie was classically atmospheric and SPOOKY!! Even the crow trapped in the house made me jump. I loved it. Quite the ending, too.

#30 LucidDreamer

LucidDreamer

Pragmatic Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Blue Ridge Library Mystery series, written as Victoria Gilbert. 1st book -- A MURDER FOR THE BOOKS -- releasing from Crooked Lane Books in December 2017. Book Two -- SHELVED UNDER MURDER -- will be published in July 2018 and untitled as of yet book three in Jan. or Feb. 2019.

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:41 AM

The Woman in Black -- The book is fantastic. I haven't seen the movie yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users