#1 candygirlraupp

candygirlraupp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, published, self-published
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:46 PM

Okay so I have a Support Local Indie Authors Event in the works  Wanted to see if anyone would be interested. The venue that would host it sits 250  So I'm thinking I'd like to have 25-30 authors. The venue does charge, so that means I would have to as well. But not too much. 50 if you just want a table to set up your promo items/books, and 60 if you want that and 20 minutes to talk. The time to talk/answer q n a and maybe a little reading.  It will be first come first serve once the event is official, as the event will run from 10-4 so we can't have everyone speak. There is a stage, so when each author speaks they'll have that and a mic. The venue also has a small cafĂ©/coffee shop that guests will be able to grab a cup of coffee and relax while reading their freshly bought indie book :)  Nothing is official yet but I gave the venue a couple dates of July 26th and Sept 6th. Please advise if this is something you would potentially be interested in  The venue is in Cummings GA which is about a half hour outside of Atlanta.  The only thing's I'm waiting on is the venue to give me a final date between the two :) I'll update as I get more info, just wanted to start spreading the word out there. So far I have 4 authors, but I've just announced it on a couple of FB groups I'm a part of. 

I really think this will be a great, fun event that can help us some of us Indie Authors who are looking for other avenues to promote outside of social media.  To promote the event itself, I will be contacting local papers, media outlets, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users