4 replies to this topic

#1 CheG

CheG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published
  • LocationUS West Coast
  • Publishing Experience:Forthcoming- Carmine Rojas: Dog Fight from Black Opal Books
    And lots of other stuff...

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:24 AM

I TRIED to have a giveaway on my FB page and Rafflecopter was just awful! No one could enter! The old giveaway app- that worked like a charm, doesn't exist anymore and I was wondering 1) if I'm the only idiot out there who CAN'T get Rafflecopter to work. And 2) Are there any other (better/friendlier) apps that work!?!?!

So how do YOU have giveaways??

DogFightcoversigsize_zpsfe772a9d.jpg

Please check out my MG query here 

#2 J. Lea Lopez

J. Lea Lopez

Glamourscribe

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:My work first appeared in Divine Dirt Quarterly and Oysters&Chocolate. Sadly, these are both out of print now. More recently, my short stories have appeared in two anthologies (The Spring and The Fall) from Elephant's Bookshelf Press. I have self published two novels and a short story collection.

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:11 PM

I've only ever used Rafflecopter, but never on my FB page. The widget has always worked for me on my blog. And if all else fails, you should be able to share the URL for the Rafflecopter on your FB page and people can click through. Sorry I can't help any more than that.

#3 CheG

CheG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published
  • LocationUS West Coast
  • Publishing Experience:Forthcoming- Carmine Rojas: Dog Fight from Black Opal Books
    And lots of other stuff...

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:22 PM

Thanks! I just found Rafflecopter terribly NOT user friendly, and I don't have a Blogspot blog, I have a Word Press and I couldn't get it to work on that.

I did find- and am trying out this giveawaytools2.com 

So far I think it's working! 

DogFightcoversigsize_zpsfe772a9d.jpg

Please check out my MG query here 

#4 J. Lea Lopez

J. Lea Lopez

Glamourscribe

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:My work first appeared in Divine Dirt Quarterly and Oysters&Chocolate. Sadly, these are both out of print now. More recently, my short stories have appeared in two anthologies (The Spring and The Fall) from Elephant's Bookshelf Press. I have self published two novels and a short story collection.

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:09 PM

Yeah, the widget doesn't show up on the free WP blogs. I'm not exactly sure why that is. The click-through link is a little less nice than an embedded widget, but I still like it. I have a Blogger blog and don't have to worry about it though lol.

#5 AQCrew

AQCrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,740 posts
  • Literary Status:industry insider
  • LocationPacific Islands

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:16 AM

We are hearing more and more about "Giveaways" by KingSumo - it's a paid plugin for your Wordpress site.  The cost is a one-time fee of $198 for unlimited use.  That might give some of you sticker shock, but they also offer you a 60-day money back guarantee.

http://kingsumo.com/apps/giveaways/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users