#1 J. Lea Lopez

J. Lea Lopez

Glamourscribe

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:My work first appeared in Divine Dirt Quarterly and Oysters&Chocolate. Sadly, these are both out of print now. More recently, my short stories have appeared in two anthologies (The Spring and The Fall) from Elephant's Bookshelf Press. I have self published two novels and a short story collection.

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:02 PM

Saw this link to a help topic about putting your book up for pre-order on Amazon. Went into my dashboard and sure enough, there's a pre-order option when I go to add a new book. Preo-orders are no longer reserved for traditional publishers and hand-picked indies.

#2 J. Lea Lopez

J. Lea Lopez

Glamourscribe

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:My work first appeared in Divine Dirt Quarterly and Oysters&Chocolate. Sadly, these are both out of print now. More recently, my short stories have appeared in two anthologies (The Spring and The Fall) from Elephant's Bookshelf Press. I have self published two novels and a short story collection.

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

Though as someone just pointed out to me on FB, Amazon doesn't count your preorders toward release-day rankings so you don't get the bump there like you do with Apple.

#3 Mallory

Mallory

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:12 PM

Thanks so much! This is awesome :-)

“I am only resolved to act in that manner, which will, in my own opinion, constitute my happiness, without reference to you, or to any person so wholly unconnected with me.”

-Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

https://twitter.com/croweink

#4 Tom Bradley

Tom Bradley

A big old goober.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:My indie novels THE KONA SHUFFLE, THE HILO HUSTLE, THE PAHALA TWIST, and THE WAIMEA TWO-STEP are available at Amazon, B&N, Kobo, and CreateSpace.

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:59 PM

Thanks for the link. Now, about finishing my WIP...

#5 J. Lea Lopez

J. Lea Lopez

Glamourscribe

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:47 PM

You and me both, Tom!

#6 Darke

Darke

~Official AQC Cookie Provider~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:I have several short stories published with online magazines such as Bewildering Stories and Aphelion, and part of the 7DS anthology SLAYERS. I have six books in a paranormal series self-published, and as of 2015, I write articles for Gaiam TV. See my blog for more details.

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:57 PM

I'm not using it. I don't have a big rush for my books, and I'm kinda pissed at Amazon. 

~I am neither an author nor a writer; I am a storyteller with good grammar.~

darkes_cover_4_sparkletn.jpg Book2TN.jpg darkescovenwtTN.jpg demonthumbnail.jpg 4311642f-9dfa-4c08-ac6d-a6979476c6ce.jpg

3e1a6d8e-6529-475b-b08d-34d575e93531.jpg

#7 AQCrew

AQCrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,740 posts
  • Literary Status:industry insider
  • LocationPacific Islands

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:53 AM

Saw this link to a help topic about putting your book up for pre-order on Amazon. Went into my dashboard and sure enough, there's a pre-order option when I go to add a new book. Preo-orders are no longer reserved for traditional publishers and hand-picked indies.

This is a very big deal.  They have just given average indie authors the power to promote, advertise and sell their books while they are writing them rather than placing that burden on them all on the release day and the subsequent weeks that follow...

As J. Lea pointed out, successful hand-picked indies were afforded this luxury, which helped them establish solid marketing in place long before the book's release date.  If you can come to the gate with thousands of orders already placed -- especially since most novels take 4-6 months to write, proof, cover design, etc. --  you are well ahead of the game.

#8 RSMellette

RSMellette

I Have Many Skills.

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:The Xena Scrolls on-line and episode TV credit. I worked on the show for the first two years.
    Billy Bobble Makes A Magic Wand, Dec. 2014 Elephant's Bookshelf Press

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:56 PM

Perfect timing! 

I have been laying out my side of promoting Billy Bobble Makes A Magic Wand and thought of it more as an awareness campaign - now I can make it as much sales as awareness.  Sweet!

From Elephant's Bookshelf Press

51xExIpByyL._SS140_SH35_.jpg51n1zBAR2vL._SS140_SH35_.jpg

by R.S. Mellette

"WOW. That is the first word that comes to mind when I think about how I felt reading this book - WOW. I was so pleasantly surprised - oh, let's be honest, it was more like blown away!" -- Holy B. In NC, Amazon Review.

#9 E.B. Black

E.B. Black

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published
  • LocationUS Southwest

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:08 PM

I tend to write entire series of books all at once, instead of one book at a time. (That might change eventually, but is how I usually do it now.) So this might become a very useful tool for me, allowing me to release a book every few months if I can catch up and write that many. XD

Visit my web-site for links to my twitter, blog, facebook, and a way to e-mail me: http://www.ebblack.com/

Want a FREE novel? Love ROMANCE and GREEK MYTHOLOGY? Then download Pandora's Mistake on Amazon or Barnes & Noble.

2urtog3.jpg

#10 J. Lea Lopez

J. Lea Lopez

Glamourscribe

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:02 PM

I tend to write entire series of books all at once, instead of one book at a time. (That might change eventually, but is how I usually do it now.) So this might become a very useful tool for me, allowing me to release a book every few months if I can catch up and write that many. XD

Releasing every 30-90 days can really help you with Amazon's algorithms, too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users