#21 J. Lea Lopez

J. Lea Lopez

Glamourscribe

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:My work first appeared in Divine Dirt Quarterly and Oysters&Chocolate. Sadly, these are both out of print now. More recently, my short stories have appeared in two anthologies (The Spring and The Fall) from Elephant's Bookshelf Press. I have self published two novels and a short story collection.

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:47 PM

I use paint.net to resize my images when I do this. And I usually try to find an image that's already in a landscape orientation so that I don't have to get too creative with cropping and backgrounds.

#22 jwmstudio

jwmstudio

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 04 October 2014 - 04:46 PM

Is this different than removing the preview and posting your own photo in its place?

JWM
http://thedemeterdiaries.blogspot.com/

Writing as Evelyn Adams

Posted Image Posted Image

#23 J. Lea Lopez

J. Lea Lopez

Glamourscribe

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:My work first appeared in Divine Dirt Quarterly and Oysters&Chocolate. Sadly, these are both out of print now. More recently, my short stories have appeared in two anthologies (The Spring and The Fall) from Elephant's Bookshelf Press. I have self published two novels and a short story collection.

Posted 04 October 2014 - 07:51 PM

Is this different than removing the preview and posting your own photo in its place?

Yes. If I'm understanding you correctly, you mean pasting the link into the post area, then clicking the X to get rid of all the clickable preview parts, which includes the picture and description, right? And then you upload a photo. Basically what you're doing there is just sharing a photo with a description/caption of the link. So when people click the photo, it just pops up in the photo viewer where they can like, comment, share, or click the link in the description. There's nothing wrong with doing that, but....

What with the directions for the custom clickable image, you aren't removing the preview. You're just replacing the image and deleting the preview text if you want to. By making the image the size they mention, you ensure that it completely fills the whole image preview space that FB allots for link posts. (You know how if you just share a link to your book, it cuts off the cover image? That's what we're fixing by uploading a custom image that fits that preview pane.) So when you're all done, you have a nice image and when people click it, it goes right to the link.

For comparison, here's what a custom clickable image post looks like, and here's what a remove preview and upload a picture post looks like. In your insights, FB will treat the custom clickable post as a link post, but the other one is considered an image post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users