AQCrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,740 posts
  • Literary Status:industry insider
  • LocationPacific Islands

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:47 AM

http://www.slate.com...ml?wpsrc=fol_tw

You worked so hard on that clever tweet. Did anyone actually read it?

Until now you could only guess based on the number of favorites or retweets it received. That changed on Wednesday, when Twitter announced that it’s opening a feature to all users that allows you to see exactly how many people viewed and engaged with each of your tweets, along with a demographic breakdown of your followers and several other analytic tools.

You can find your own analytics dashboard by clicking here.

#2 Darke

Darke

~Official AQC Cookie Provider~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:I have several short stories published with online magazines such as Bewildering Stories and Aphelion, and part of the 7DS anthology SLAYERS. I have six books in a paranormal series self-published, and as of 2015, I write articles for Gaiam TV. See my blog for more details.

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:55 AM

Oh, this could get addictive....

~I am neither an author nor a writer; I am a storyteller with good grammar.~

darkes_cover_4_sparkletn.jpg Book2TN.jpg darkescovenwtTN.jpg demonthumbnail.jpg 4311642f-9dfa-4c08-ac6d-a6979476c6ce.jpg

3e1a6d8e-6529-475b-b08d-34d575e93531.jpg

#3 J. Lea Lopez

J. Lea Lopez

Glamourscribe

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:My work first appeared in Divine Dirt Quarterly and Oysters&Chocolate. Sadly, these are both out of print now. More recently, my short stories have appeared in two anthologies (The Spring and The Fall) from Elephant's Bookshelf Press. I have self published two novels and a short story collection.

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:38 PM

Nice! Looks like the tweet I posted using the image from my FB clickable post experiment did pretty well!

#4 Darke

Darke

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:I have several short stories published with online magazines such as Bewildering Stories and Aphelion, and part of the 7DS anthology SLAYERS. I have six books in a paranormal series self-published, and as of 2015, I write articles for Gaiam TV. See my blog for more details.

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:35 AM

This program is AWESOME! I love the fact you can see hour by hour for your tweets. Very good info for auto tweets in the middle of the night. 

darkes_cover_4_sparkletn.jpg Book2TN.jpg darkescovenwtTN.jpg demonthumbnail.jpg 4311642f-9dfa-4c08-ac6d-a6979476c6ce.jpg

#5 LucidDreamer

LucidDreamer

Pragmatic Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,087 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Blue Ridge Library Mystery series, (publisher Crooked Lane Books) written as Victoria Gilbert. Book One - A MURDER FOR THE BOOKS: December 2017. Book Two - SHELVED UNDER MURDER: July 2018. Book Three - PAST DUE FOR MURDER: Feb. 2019.

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:05 PM

What does "impression" mean? I guess "engagement" means something about people responding to tweets?  Not sure what this data means.

#6 J. Lea Lopez

J. Lea Lopez

Glamourscribe

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:My work first appeared in Divine Dirt Quarterly and Oysters&Chocolate. Sadly, these are both out of print now. More recently, my short stories have appeared in two anthologies (The Spring and The Fall) from Elephant's Bookshelf Press. I have self published two novels and a short story collection.

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:52 PM

If you hover over impressions/engagement/engagement rate, it'll tell you what each of them are. Impressions are the number of times users saw the tweet.

#7 LucidDreamer

LucidDreamer

Pragmatic Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,087 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Blue Ridge Library Mystery series, (publisher Crooked Lane Books) written as Victoria Gilbert. Book One - A MURDER FOR THE BOOKS: December 2017. Book Two - SHELVED UNDER MURDER: July 2018. Book Three - PAST DUE FOR MURDER: Feb. 2019.

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:59 PM

Ah, okay.

#8 Darke

Darke

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:46 AM

Can someone explain what 'organic impressions' means?

#9 J. Lea Lopez

J. Lea Lopez

Glamourscribe

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:37 PM

I would assume they use organic to differentiate from paid impressions if you pay to promote your profile or tweet. So organic impressions are how many people saw your tweet, either because the follow you and saw it in real time, saw it because someone RTd it into their feed, or whatever.

#10 Darke

Darke

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:06 PM

I would assume they use organic to differentiate from paid impressions if you pay to promote your profile or tweet. So organic impressions are how many people saw your tweet, either because the follow you and saw it in real time, saw it because someone RTd it into their feed, or whatever.

Holy crap? Really? The reason I ask, my daily 'organic' views were barely over 2k a day, then suddenly, around the end of November, they shot up to over 7k with the highest so far being just under 15k for December 2nd, and yet, I haven't done anything. No promos or anything out of the ordinary. 

#11 Andrea Lambert

Andrea Lambert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented
  • LocationUS West Coast
  • Publishing Experience:My first book, JET SET DESOLATE, was published by Future Fiction London in 2009. My second, a book of poetry called LORAZEPAM & THE VALLEY OF SKIN, was published by valeveil in 2009. Lost Angelene published my chapbook, G(U)ILT, in 2011. My poetry has been anthologized in HAUNTING MUSES, WRITING THE WALLS DOWN: A CONVERGENCE OF LGBTQ VOICES, OFF THE ROCKS #16: AN ANTHOLOGY OF GLBT WRITING, THE L.A. TELEPHONE BOOK VOL. 1, YOU’VE PROBABLY READ THIS BEFORE, and CHRONOMETRY. My work has been published in 3:AM Magazine, The Fanzine, Entropy, HTMLGiant, ENCLAVE, Queer Mental Health, Five:2:One Magazine and elsewhere.

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:29 AM

Ever since Twitter rolled out that Analytics feature I have been following it avidly. It's fascinating! You never know when something you say at 5 am will go viral.

Analytics really takes away the whole "shouting into the abyss" quality that Twitter used to have for me. Now if I want to know how many people saw a tweet I can just look it up, usually about 200, okay, my work here is done.

What's so great about Analytics is you can really see what hashtags work best, what times of day people respond the most, and if anyone has clicked on the link to your article. I love it!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/AndreaLamber

GoodReads Author bio: https://www.goodread....Andrea_Lambert

Amazon author bio: https://www.amazon.c...ine_cont_book_1

JET SET DESOLATE from Future Fiction London on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co...t/dp/0578016257

LORAZEPAM & THE VALLEY OF SKIN: EXTRAPOLATIONS ON LOS ANGELES from valeveil: http://www.valeveil.se/posts/196

HAUNTING MUSES from Bedazzled Ink on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/194383752X

WRITING THE WALLS DOWN: A CONVERGENCE OF LGBTQ VOICES from Trans-Genre Press: http://trans-genre.n...the-walls-down/

THE L.A. TELEPHONE BOOK, VOL. 1 from ARRAS.NET: http://www.arras.net/?page_id=658

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users