• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Self published with Iunverse

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:01 AM

Author Explores Love, Loss and the Supernatural in Debut Book

LAKELAND, FLORIDA (Monday, June 23, 2014) – Local author Addie Anthony recently debuted her contemporary fantasy novel, “Crystal Uprising: The Awakening,” via self-publishing company iUniverse.

Set in North Carolina, the story centers around Nichole Gibson, a high school senior whose strange dream unravels a family secret about her parents’ death and how she came to live with her Aunt Kristen and Uncle Matthew. An attraction to quiet classmate Isaac leads to discovering supernatural powers, uncovering a lifelong deception by Nichole’s best friend Kyle, and finding true love along the way. The story chronicles love, loss, betrayal and a pathway to Nichole fulfilling her preordained destiny.

Anthony, a 28-year-old married mother of three, spent a year writing the book while also pursuing a criminal justice degree. “Crystal Uprising: The Awakening” published in April and is the first in a series. The second installment is in the works.

Anthony’s inspiration for the book came from a vision of sorts. 

“I kept seeing a girl in my mind, and how she wanted to make something of herself,” Anthony said. “She felt like she couldn’t do anything with her life because she didn’t know what she wanted to do.”

That notion is a bit autobiographical for Anthony, who struggled for years to become a movie actress.

“I was trying hard to get into movies,” she said. “I was getting in commercials, but I couldn’t get into movies. I finally thought instead of going to auditions, why not try to make my own story that could become a movie? That is how the book started.”

“Crystal Uprising: The Awakening” is available in print and as an ebook through iUniverse and major online booksellers Amazon.com and Books-A-Million.

For more information, contact Addie Anthony: addiej.86@gmail.com.

About the Author

Addie Anthony was born in Rochester, NY in 1986 and moved to Lakeland at age 10. She has worked as an actress, appearing in commercials for the Disney Channel and in an episode of “Graceland” on the USA Network. She and her husband Raymond have three children: Devin, 6; Demi, 3; and Jeremy, 8 months. She has an associate’s degree in criminal justice.

-end-

#2 Darke

Darke

~Official AQC Cookie Provider~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:I have several short stories published with online magazines such as Bewildering Stories and Aphelion, and part of the 7DS anthology SLAYERS. I have six books in a paranormal series self-published, and as of 2015, I write articles for Gaiam TV. See my blog for more details.

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:46 AM

I noticed you have a query up as well. So you've self-published this AND you want a traditional deal as well? 

~I am neither an author nor a writer; I am a storyteller with good grammar.~

darkes_cover_4_sparkletn.jpg Book2TN.jpg darkescovenwtTN.jpg demonthumbnail.jpg 4311642f-9dfa-4c08-ac6d-a6979476c6ce.jpg

3e1a6d8e-6529-475b-b08d-34d575e93531.jpg

#3 RaulersonWrites

RaulersonWrites

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, agented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Represented by Laura Bradford.

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:16 PM

That's my question as well. If you've self published, it's highly unlikely to get an agent to traditionally publish this book. Things such as sales, and the fact that it's already been presented to the world tend to make them stay away. Most likely, if you've self published this book, you're best bet is going to be to write a new one to traditionally publish. 

#4 Guest_AWExley_*

Guest_AWExley_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:30 PM

It's short too, at 128 pages total (including front & back matter?) makes me think its only a novella?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: #Fantasy, #Scfi, #Mystery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users