Disclaimer

Photo

Book Cover designer, has to match the prequel book!!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 WolfCoven

WolfCoven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:Beginner

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:59 AM

Greetings everyone, I am searching for a cover designer, but they have to be able to match the previous book since its part of a series, which is tricky since the previous one had such a nice look.

Here is the design of the first book cover, and I am looking for a designer who can match it almost exactly with a change of cover and words.

Any recommendations? 

Attached File  bloodmoon2.jpg   47.05KB   36 downloads

#2 AQCrew

AQCrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,740 posts
  • Literary Status:industry insider
  • LocationPacific Islands

Posted 05 September 2014 - 05:40 AM

Hi there,

We looked up your book on the 'Zon and assume it's a self-published book, right?  There are two AQC members who are book designers to whom you can reached out about your needs via private message (PM):

Midnight Whimsy and S.A. Hunt

That said, we assume they're going to offer to re-design the first cover and then create a second cover based off of their re-design.

This is nice, but it's not where it needs to be if you want to compete in today's competitive high fantasy (vampires, werewolves, sorcery, etc.) book series marketplace.

Plus, changing book covers is always a plus if you're self-publishing.  It's one of the benefits of being indie.

#3 Darke

Darke

~Official AQC Cookie Provider~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:I have several short stories published with online magazines such as Bewildering Stories and Aphelion, and part of the 7DS anthology SLAYERS. I have six books in a paranormal series self-published, and as of 2015, I write articles for Gaiam TV. See my blog for more details.

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:01 AM

Along with with AQCrew said, is there a way you can get some of the book cover elements from the first cover artist? It might help the artist and save you some money. 

~I am neither an author nor a writer; I am a storyteller with good grammar.~

darkes_cover_4_sparkletn.jpg Book2TN.jpg darkescovenwtTN.jpg demonthumbnail.jpg 4311642f-9dfa-4c08-ac6d-a6979476c6ce.jpg

3e1a6d8e-6529-475b-b08d-34d575e93531.jpg

#4 WolfCoven

WolfCoven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:41 PM

S.A. Hunt did the cover from my first book and his work was universally loved by anyone who saw it. Anyone who saw my book was immediately glamoured by the excellent cover design that he made. The only thing that he didn't create was the symbol which I had a friend do.

Rightful credit should be given to him!

Unfortunately I contacted him and he said he's on a hiatus which is why I have to find another designer. It won't be another year could do my second book! It won't be another year until I need to ask him for my 3rd book.

#5 WolfCoven

WolfCoven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:44 PM

Oh, and yes, my book is self-published.

I am hoping to get in touch with a few agents at the Surrey Writer's Conference in Surrey British Columbia in late October and I understand that likely if they do find a publisher, the book will get new covers, but not without my input.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users