#1 AQCrew

AQCrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,740 posts
  • Literary Status:industry insider
  • LocationPacific Islands

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:29 AM

This is an interesting cover design tool for anyone looking to DIY your own professional book cover.

It's still in BETA, but definitely worthy of a look-see:  http://about.canva.com/kindle-cover/

#2 J. Lea Lopez

J. Lea Lopez

Glamourscribe

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:My work first appeared in Divine Dirt Quarterly and Oysters&Chocolate. Sadly, these are both out of print now. Most recently, my short stories have appeared in two anthologies (The Spring and The Fall) from Elephant's Bookshelf Press. I have self published one novel and a short story collection.

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:21 AM

Interesting! Will definitely check this out.

Life . . .                     Love . . .                     Lust . . .
SNE%20new%20cover%20tiny.jpg  Conseting%20Adults%20tiny.jpg  Melt%20tiny.jpg  lipstick%20marks%20tiny.jpg  The%20Guest%20new%20tiny.jpg

Mistress Editing for writers of romance and erotica. The safe word is SMUT.

Resident Jello Lover
Jello World
From The Write Angle

#3 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,528 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published ten books, including short stories by several AQC writers and debut novels by AQC authors A.T. O'Connor (aka Cat Woods), "ScubaSteve" Carman, and R.S. Mellette. Heading into 2016, we're aiming to publish at least two books, including the second Mellette novel and an anthology. In 2015, I saw a few memoir/nonfiction pieces published in Red Fez. I expect to do more of that in 2016 and beyond, while also looking to add freelance editing and writing clients.

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:47 AM

I hadn't realized this community was touting this tool back when it was in Beta. It has become a significant tool now. I hear about it in lots of design circles and webinars. I haven't played with it too much yet, but I'm definitely starting to do so.

#4 KitCampbell

KitCampbell

Occasionally considering octopus husbandry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 184 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:Three novels published through Turtleduck Press, short stories all over the place. Readying to dip my toes back into the agent search pool.

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:38 PM

I used it to make the covers for these two books: To Rule the Stars and The Short of It. It's definitely a great tool for those of us that are otherwise completely graphically inept.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users