No replies to this topic

#1 All In Al

All In Al

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Just released THE FUNNY THING ABOUT WAR through Hellgate Press.

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:52 PM

Well, Hellgate Press will be releasing The Funny Thing About War later this month.  With respect to the cover, Hellgate provided me with 2 versions which they constructed from Shutterstock.  I wasn't pleased with them as I didn't feel either adequately conveyed story content.  After I described my vision to them they suggested I contact a graphics illustrator to do a cover design.  I contacted S.A. Hunt about it and found he was taking a sabbatical from cover artwork, but he was kind enough to tweet out for me to other illustrators.  Thanks for that Sam.  Hellgate took my vision into consideration and came back to me with another version, using a photo they found online of the ship in the story as well as some other stock photos.  They changed the background also, but I felt it was too dark and did not truly resemble a steel deck plate.  I then provided them with photos I had in my possession to replace the missile firing and the obscure red building.  Hellgate moved the ship to the back cover and overlayed the synopsis on top and left only the albatross on the front. 

After all that it was a matter of selecting a font.  I decided on using Steamer which is in the final version.

Attached File  TFTAWver1.jpg   32.24KB   36 downloadsAttached File  TFAWver2.jpg   35.67KB   42 downloadsAttached File  TFTAWcvr3.jpg   18.99KB   39 downloadsAttached File  TFTAWver4.jpg   18.19KB   44 downloadsAttached File  TFTAWver5.jpg   45.84KB   46 downloadsAttached File  TFTAWver6.jpg   49.43KB   40 downloads

Al Campo

Author of THE FUNNY THING ABOUT WAR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users