#1 AQCrew

AQCrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,740 posts
  • Literary Status:industry insider
  • LocationPacific Islands

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:55 PM

If you have a query-ready Adult or New Adult manuscript, you can pitch it today over at #AdPit! http://neuroticscribbler.tumblr.com/post/98493298741/adult-pitch-is-back-14-october-2014  #amwriting

Ready for Adult Pitch again? Sure you are! Here are the details for the upcoming #AdPit on 14.October.2014!

What: Adult Pitch (or as it’s known on twitter, #AdPit)

When: 14.October.2014 from 07:00 EST until 19:00 EST or 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. New York Time

Whos-its and Whats-its:

Come hang out on Twitter with your shiny pitch for your super awesome ADULT (ADULT ONLY) manuscript and post it every hour or so and have trolling agents and editors look at it. If they favorite it, that means they want more.

* Most agents/editors post what they would like for you to send them if they favorite your pitch, so before you reply to them and ask them what they want, or just send them whatever you feel like, look back over the #AdPit feed or their timelines and see what they want.

Some basic answers for questions that people usually ask (but if I don’t answer your question give me a shout and I will most certainly answer it.) –

- #AdPit is an open invitation twitter pitch event. That means there is no list of participants; either agents, editors or authors. Everyone is invited to join us.

- #AdPit is for adult and new adult (NA) manuscripts in ANY genre only, both nonfiction and fiction are allowed. Please do NOT pitch Young Adult (YA), Middle Grade (MG), Chapter Books (CB), or Picture Books (PB).

- A pitch is a one tweet grab and hook for your eligible manuscripts. You only have 140 characters to pitch your work and you have to include the #AdPit - also if there is room please add genre, this allows agents/editors who are looking for specific manuscripts to easily search and find your pitch.

A sample pitch from my current ms: A body floated ashore at 7am, by 10am the wrong person was behind bars. Bea must clear her sister’s name b4 the killer returns. #AdPit #mystery

See? Easy. Pitch = character, stakes, outcome. Plus #AdPit and #genre. (Here’s a hint: Focus only on your main plot. Subplots can introduce themselves later in the manuscript.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users