#41 bigblackcat97

bigblackcat97

BOOGA BOOGA

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,046 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Six published novels across Harper Collins and Penguin Random House. See my signature for titles.

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:12 AM

No mat, although I haven't played with the new Chat feature much. Don't know if there's a memory function or not?

"Establishing the accuracy of quotes found on the internet is extraordinarily difficult." - Jane Austen

13112869.jpg   DUSt+Smaller.jpeg  24376529.jpg  25812109.jpg 25314447.jpg 30249925.jpg

@MindyMcGinnis

Writer, Writer, Pants on Fire Blog

Writer, Writer, Pants on Fire Podcast

#42 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,561 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published ten books, including short stories by several AQC writers and debut novels by AQC authors A.T. O'Connor (aka Cat Woods), "ScubaSteve" Carman, and R.S. Mellette. Heading into 2016, we're aiming to publish at least two books, including the second Mellette novel and an anthology. In 2015, I saw a few memoir/nonfiction pieces published in Red Fez. I expect to do more of that in 2016 and beyond, while also looking to add freelance editing and writing clients.

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:25 AM

That's what I thought. But luckily, I just saw that there's a thread that Darke started about the Website stuff I was hoping to find. Thanks again!

#43 thrownbones

thrownbones

Veteran Of A Thousand Wine Bottles

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:The first Mark Mallen short story, PURE MALLEN, is out now on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. The second Mark Mallen novel, CRITICAL DAMAGE, is out now. The third Mark Mallen novel, INNOCENT DAMAGE, will be out April 2015.

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:32 AM

I felt like the drunken uncle who shows up at the funeral, only to fall into the coffin!

The first Mark Mallen novel, Untold Damage, is now available via Midnight Ink! Look for the second Mark Mallen novel, Critical Damage in April of 2014 (Should we all be here, natch).

UDamage_Cov_sm.jpgCrit_Damsm.jpg

#44 bigblackcat97

bigblackcat97

BOOGA BOOGA

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,046 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Six published novels across Harper Collins and Penguin Random House. See my signature for titles.

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:27 AM

Alright - I've been MIA due to blizzard conditions on Friday and then flooding on Monday.... yeah, Ohio rocks.

Are there any good ideas for the chat tomorrow night, and a possible mod offer?

"Establishing the accuracy of quotes found on the internet is extraordinarily difficult." - Jane Austen

13112869.jpg   DUSt+Smaller.jpeg  24376529.jpg  25812109.jpg 25314447.jpg 30249925.jpg

@MindyMcGinnis

#45 J. Lea Lopez

J. Lea Lopez

Glamourscribe

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:My work first appeared in Divine Dirt Quarterly and Oysters&Chocolate. Sadly, these are both out of print now. More recently, my short stories have appeared in two anthologies (The Spring and The Fall) from Elephant's Bookshelf Press. I have self published two novels and a short story collection.

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:57 AM

I'm off work tomorrow, so I'll mod if you want. Do I just keep the conversation on track and type in ALL CAPS? lol

#46 bigblackcat97

bigblackcat97

BOOGA BOOGA

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,046 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:04 PM

Pretty much J Lea! You might have to come up with a topic, though. Doesn't look like anything has come up yet. It can always just be a general Q&A and talky talk time too, especially if there's a lot of newbies in the chat. Sometimes I find that's the best way - go straight to the "what do you guys want to talk about?"

I will be there, but I have knitting so I might wander in a little late.

@MindyMcGinnis

#47 J. Lea Lopez

J. Lea Lopez

Glamourscribe

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:My work first appeared in Divine Dirt Quarterly and Oysters&Chocolate. Sadly, these are both out of print now. More recently, my short stories have appeared in two anthologies (The Spring and The Fall) from Elephant's Bookshelf Press. I have self published two novels and a short story collection.

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:26 PM

Sounds good! The "flawed character" topic seems to be doing pretty well, so maybe we can touch on that a little bit in the chat too.

#48 bigblackcat97

bigblackcat97

BOOGA BOOGA

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,046 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:44 PM

That's a great idea J Lea!

@MindyMcGinnis

#49 RC Lewis

RC Lewis

Splitting Braincells

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,468 posts
  • Literary Status:agented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:STITCHING SNOW, Hyperion, 2014
    SPINNING STARLIGHT, Hyperion, 2015

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:48 AM

Idea for next week's chat (on March 9th): a "debrief" on the special guest Q&A session taking place Monday and Tuesday. I'm willing to mod if that's something others are interesting in using the chat for.

_-Snow-Small.jpg           Spin-Small.jpg
   Stitching Snow        Spinning Starlight
     October 2014                October 6, 2015
       Hyperion                        Hyperion

#50 bigblackcat97

bigblackcat97

BOOGA BOOGA

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,046 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:07 AM

Definitely RC - I'm sure we'll have plenty of fodder for discussion from our Mystery Guest. And you did an awesome Mod job last time!

@MindyMcGinnis

#51 RC Lewis

RC Lewis

Splitting Braincells

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,468 posts
  • Literary Status:agented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:STITCHING SNOW, Hyperion, 2014
    SPINNING STARLIGHT, Hyperion, 2015

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:38 PM

Okay, let's make it official.

Open chat as usual on Wednesday, 9 pm EST (wow, we're going to have to change that to EDT next week). We'll discuss anything and everything we learn Monday and Tuesday from our guest, April Eberhardt. Afterward, we can discuss random questions from newbies and non-newbies alike, so come one, come all.

I'll be moderating ... but will only sneak in some of Litgal's ruler-smacking if I have to. :wink:

_-Snow-Small.jpg           Spin-Small.jpg
   Stitching Snow        Spinning Starlight
     October 2014                October 6, 2015
       Hyperion                        Hyperion

#52 DC Rich

DC Rich

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published, unagented
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:Published a short story with members of the Mississippi Writer's Guild. Still seeking to publish my books.
    Book is on Amazon under the title Pinebelt Poetry and Prose

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:43 PM

Cool.

I'll try and be there. I should be able to make it. Last week was fun.

When you find yourself in a hole, quit digging.
Always drink upstream from the herd.
Never squat with your spurs on.
-- Cowboy wisdom from Will Rogers

Follow me, or tweet me on twitter
Visit my blog The Write Time
Visit my group blog: Aliens, Dragons, and Wraiths, Oh My!

#53 RileyRedgate

RileyRedgate

Ant, the Quixotic Query Quibbler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:My debut novel, SEVEN WAYS WE LIE, was released in March 2016 by Abrams and optioned for film by Jane Startz Productions. My sophomore novel, NOTEWORTHY, hits shelves May 2017.

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:47 PM

Hope I can make this week's monday and wednesday chats! Rehearsal has been running late but I hope that stops, both for this and for my personal sanity... or lack thereof... :blink:

author of SEVEN WAYS WE LIE and NOTEWORTHY

rep: Caryn Wiseman, Andrea Brown Literary Agency

i tweet!

#54 bigblackcat97

bigblackcat97

BOOGA BOOGA

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,046 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:33 AM

I will be there!

Ant - rehearsal? Play, musical? Do your talents know no end?

PS - I'm a kick ass ping pong player Posted Image

@MindyMcGinnis

#55 bigblackcat97

bigblackcat97

BOOGA BOOGA

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,046 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:54 PM

I'm opening the floor for chat discussions and a moderator....

I'm opening the floor for chat discussions and a moderator....

@MindyMcGinnis

#56 bigblackcat97

bigblackcat97

BOOGA BOOGA

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,046 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:31 AM

Since no one is jumping on it I might get selfish and use the chat time to pick people's brains for my blog. I'll be having alternating agent / author chats on my blog and I want to ask questions that people WANT to know the answers to. So, if it's alright with everyone the chat this Wed. will be me asking for questions for published / agented authors for my blog questions and then we'll open up to Q&A for guppies.

I'll moderate, since I'm being all selfish like that Posted Image

@MindyMcGinnis

#57 bigdonf

bigdonf

soon to be published!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:my first novel is due to be released at the end of october.
    It is being published by Greyhart Press.

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:30 AM

I'll be in chat tonight!! looking forward to it. btw, when I was a kid, we had cats... snowball and... wait for it..... Mrs. Peabody! guess what she loved to do best!! :biggrin:

#58 bigblackcat97

bigblackcat97

BOOGA BOOGA

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,046 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:03 AM

Big Don - Excellent, we will see you there! And, sigh... not sure why writers are incapable of creatively naming pets :) There's some kind of psychoanalysis waiting there....

@MindyMcGinnis

#59 thrownbones

thrownbones

Veteran Of A Thousand Wine Bottles

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:The first Mark Mallen short story, PURE MALLEN, is out now on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. The second Mark Mallen novel, CRITICAL DAMAGE, is out now. The third Mark Mallen novel, INNOCENT DAMAGE, will be out April 2015.

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:20 AM

Big Don - Excellent, we will see you there! And, sigh... not sure why writers are incapable of creatively naming pets :) There's some kind of psychoanalysis waiting there....

That's not true. I once had a dog I called "Look Out". I loved going to the beach with him and throwing the ball and yelling out his name at him. Boy, THAT was fun!! I also once had a dog, only for a couple years, named "He's Got A Gun". That didn't work out so well.

I also once had a cat named "Drinks".

See? We writers can be VERY creative.

The first Mark Mallen novel, Untold Damage, is now available via Midnight Ink! Look for the second Mark Mallen novel, Critical Damage in April of 2014 (Should we all be here, natch).

UDamage_Cov_sm.jpgCrit_Damsm.jpg

#60 bigblackcat97

bigblackcat97

BOOGA BOOGA

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,046 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:23 AM

I'd heard of naming your cat Emergency Meat....

@MindyMcGinnis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users