#81 bigblackcat97

bigblackcat97

BOOGA BOOGA

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,046 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Six published novels across Harper Collins and Penguin Random House. See my signature for titles.

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:27 AM

*checks clock*

Antic, are you on Spring Break, or just staying up til one in the morning on a school night because you're naughty?

I vote "aye" for a Twitter session.

Too funny. The teacher and the librarian are chiding the teen author. Meanwhile..... yeah WE are on spring break, so it's Okay for us to be up this late!! Posted Image

"Establishing the accuracy of quotes found on the internet is extraordinarily difficult." - Jane Austen

13112869.jpg   DUSt+Smaller.jpeg  24376529.jpg  25812109.jpg 25314447.jpg 30249925.jpg

@MindyMcGinnis

Writer, Writer, Pants on Fire Blog

Writer, Writer, Pants on Fire Podcast

#82 Brendacarre

Brendacarre

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published, unagented, industry insider
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:I write fantasy, urban fantasy, young adult, steampunk and romance fiction. I also write short fiction in a variety of genres. I have published short fiction. My first pro fiction sale was THE TALE OF NAMELESS CHAMELEON (recommended reading by Tangent Online) to the Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction. Most recent publications: EMBRACE OF THE PLANETS Sept-October 2014 Magazine of F&Sf. SHE WALKS IN BEAUTY November 2014 FICTION RIVER PAST CRIME ANTHOLOGY, GOOLIE UNRULY, Feb 2015 SKYWARRIOR BOOKS FIRST CONTACT CAFE ANTHOLOGY, GRET, BLACKGUARDS/BLACKLIST ANTHOLOGY from Ragnarok Publications, ST JEAN AND THE DRAGON May 2015 FICTION RIVER ALCHEMY AND STEAM ANTHOLOGY. I am currently at work on a Mythic Epic Fantasy series set in a Parallel Universe.

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:28 AM

How would people feel about a Twitter-centric chat next week? It seemed like a lot of AQ'ers in last night's chat were very interested but Twitterphobic. Perhaps we could have some Twitterific people (like Ctay or Lit?) be around (I plan on being there too) and we could walk people through setting up their Twitter accounts in real time?

Would there be an interest in that?

I think this is a great idea. I'd be happy to join in on the chat if so. :wink:

#83 RileyRedgate

RileyRedgate

Ant, the Quixotic Query Quibbler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:My debut novel, SEVEN WAYS WE LIE, was released in March 2016 by Abrams and optioned for film by Jane Startz Productions. My sophomore novel, NOTEWORTHY, hits shelves May 2017.

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:35 AM

*checks clock*

Antic, are you on Spring Break, or just staying up til one in the morning on a school night because you're naughty?

Too funny. The teacher and the librarian are chiding the teen author. Meanwhile..... yeah WE are on spring break, so it's Okay for us to be up this late!! Posted Image

Haha, YOU GUYZZZ. I'm getting A's in everything, don't you fret.

Though I wish this week were spring break. This week it's 75 and sunny and beautiful every day. Last week? LAST WEEK IT SNOWED. YEAH.

I'm in for a Twitter-focused chat :)

Anticipa - if you retweet Janet Reid, she will see it. Anything anyone tweets with @_____ sign is pushed to that user account. When you retweet, the @janetreid is included. Also, if you retweet or follow her, she might visit your blog, so be sure to clean house! She commented on my blog the day I followed her - I nearly fell off my chair!

OH MY GOD WHAT DO I DO. My last blog post was filled with insanity. ACK WHAAAT.

Janet Reid is totally my Big Scary Agent Crush. Did you guys see the mock query she did for the Bible? Amazing.

author of SEVEN WAYS WE LIE and NOTEWORTHY

rep: Caryn Wiseman, Andrea Brown Literary Agency

i tweet!

#84 DC Rich

DC Rich

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published, unagented
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:Published a short story with members of the Mississippi Writer's Guild. Still seeking to publish my books.
    Book is on Amazon under the title Pinebelt Poetry and Prose

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:00 AM

Haha, YOU GUYZZZ. I'm getting A's in everything, don't you fret.

Somehow that does not surprise me. Your insight and help with queries is fantastic, so the A's are great, but you do need your sleep! :biggrin: As do I, good night.

When you find yourself in a hole, quit digging.
Always drink upstream from the herd.
Never squat with your spurs on.
-- Cowboy wisdom from Will Rogers

Follow me, or tweet me on twitter
Visit my blog The Write Time
Visit my group blog: Aliens, Dragons, and Wraiths, Oh My!

#85 C. Taylor

C. Taylor

Subsisting on Pots of Tea

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,300 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published, agented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:I'm a NY Times and USA Today bestselling author writing under the pen name, Cali MacKay and write fun and steamy contemporary romances, in addition to erotica, paranormal romances and mysteries. I also write steampunk romances under the pen name Calista Taylor.

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:47 AM

Count me in for a twitter chat. And now I'm thinking that maybe a twitter post for From the Write Angle, might not be a bad thing. Just so all the info is there where we can reference it easily.

As for retweeting or original posts, it's all good as long as you think the info you're posting/RT'ing would be of interest to your followers (or might get you new followers). Not to say you shouldn't tweet the occassional personal tidbit about you or your wriging, since it allows people to get to know you and helps them relate. I also comment on other followers personal tidbits from time to time. Have made some great friends via twitter-- even hooked up at a local convention and got to meet in person. : )

And definitely tweet the occasional #amwriting tweet. Give them a tease of what you're writing about. I found I got a ton of followers doing that, and a lot of interest in what I was writing.

Cali MacKay

FREE

51HdjDwZKxL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51Ekbyv33TL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51HnUjguTHL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-511uTCIPFnL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51-y12BGRPL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51LB9MAkXgL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-612uyFf1xML._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-61y0ZMZ-%2BaL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arro51J-PsyEZoL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-

#86 Litgal

Litgal

Veteran Queen Bee -- Moderator "Here Be Historicals"

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:My debut novel, "The Sister Queens," (March 2012/NAL), was set in 13th century France and England and wove the captivating story of sisters, Marguerite and Eleanor of Provence, who both became queens. My next solo novel, "Medicis Daughter," (Dec 1 2015/Thomas Dunne) traveled forward three-hundred years to the intrigue-riven French Valois court, spinning the tale of beautiful princess Marguerite who walks the knife edge between the demands of her serpentine mother, Catherine de Medicis, and those of her own conscience.

In between I became a "hybrid" as part of a group of six authors involved in a high concept novel-in-six-parts called "A Day of Fire" which released in November of 2014. The book, "A Day of Fire," tells the story of the final days of the doomed city of Pompeii in a way you've never read it before.

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:16 AM

You all know I am a Twitter-addict so I will be there :)
Lit. (aka Sophie Perinot)

#87 bigblackcat97

bigblackcat97

BOOGA BOOGA

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,046 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Six published novels across Harper Collins and Penguin Random House. See my signature for titles.

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:35 AM

Excellent sounds like there's a definite interest in the Twittercentric chat. I'll post in the the appropriate places.

"Establishing the accuracy of quotes found on the internet is extraordinarily difficult." - Jane Austen

13112869.jpg   DUSt+Smaller.jpeg  24376529.jpg  25812109.jpg 25314447.jpg 30249925.jpg

@MindyMcGinnis

#88 Brendacarre

Brendacarre

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published, unagented, industry insider
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:I write fantasy, urban fantasy, young adult, steampunk and romance fiction. I also write short fiction in a variety of genres. I have published short fiction. My first pro fiction sale was THE TALE OF NAMELESS CHAMELEON (recommended reading by Tangent Online) to the Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction. Most recent publications: EMBRACE OF THE PLANETS Sept-October 2014 Magazine of F&Sf. SHE WALKS IN BEAUTY November 2014 FICTION RIVER PAST CRIME ANTHOLOGY, GOOLIE UNRULY, Feb 2015 SKYWARRIOR BOOKS FIRST CONTACT CAFE ANTHOLOGY, GRET, BLACKGUARDS/BLACKLIST ANTHOLOGY from Ragnarok Publications, ST JEAN AND THE DRAGON May 2015 FICTION RIVER ALCHEMY AND STEAM ANTHOLOGY. I am currently at work on a Mythic Epic Fantasy series set in a Parallel Universe.

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:32 PM

You all know I am a Twitter-addict so I will be there :)

I found you. Am now following you. :wink:

#89 DC Rich

DC Rich

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:Published a short story with members of the Mississippi Writer's Guild. Still seeking to publish my books.

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:12 PM

I found you. Am now following you. :wink:

Sounds like cyber stalking to me. :tongue:

#90 jwmstudio

jwmstudio

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:15 PM

Yes please twitter etiquette please. I signed up and haven't tweeted yet. It's like going to a fancy party and not knowing what to do with the finger bowls - do I sip it, rinse off in it or what? :blush:
JWM
http://thedemeterdiaries.blogspot.com/

Writing as Evelyn Adams

Posted Image Posted Image

#91 bigblackcat97

bigblackcat97

BOOGA BOOGA

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,046 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:06 PM

Yes please twitter etiquette please. I signed up and haven't tweeted yet. It's like going to a fancy party and not knowing what to do with the finger bowls - do I sip it, rinse off in it or what? :blush:

Oh crap.... those aren't for urinating?

@MindyMcGinnis

#92 J. Lea Lopez

J. Lea Lopez

Glamourscribe

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:My work first appeared in Divine Dirt Quarterly and Oysters&Chocolate. Sadly, these are both out of print now. More recently, my short stories have appeared in two anthologies (The Spring and The Fall) from Elephant's Bookshelf Press. I have self published two novels and a short story collection.

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:53 PM

I'm gonna be a bit late, but I will be there!

#93 J. Lea Lopez

J. Lea Lopez

Glamourscribe

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:My work first appeared in Divine Dirt Quarterly and Oysters&Chocolate. Sadly, these are both out of print now. More recently, my short stories have appeared in two anthologies (The Spring and The Fall) from Elephant's Bookshelf Press. I have self published two novels and a short story collection.

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:27 PM

ack!! chat room limit has been reached! :sad: guess i'll just hang out here then..... lol

#94 jwmstudio

jwmstudio

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:27 PM

It's full. :sad: Who knew.
JWM
http://thedemeterdiaries.blogspot.com/

Writing as Evelyn Adams

Posted Image Posted Image

#95 J. Lea Lopez

J. Lea Lopez

Glamourscribe

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:59 PM

It's full. :sad: Who knew.

i know! haha who knew the chat room limit was 19??

#96 DC Rich

DC Rich

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts
  • LocationUS South

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:02 PM

It was good to fill it up wasn't it? AQC first huh?

#97 bigblackcat97

bigblackcat97

BOOGA BOOGA

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,046 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:39 AM

I've talked to AQC about upping the limit - not sure if there's an online fire code Posted Image

I don't want to have to kick SLD again!

@MindyMcGinnis

#98 C. Taylor

C. Taylor

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,300 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:I'm a NY Times and USA Today bestselling author writing under the pen name, Cali MacKay and write fun and steamy contemporary romances, in addition to erotica, paranormal romances and mysteries. I also write steampunk romances under the pen name Calista Taylor.

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:53 AM

Great job modding, BBC! It was crazy in there!!

Btw, my next post for FTWA is on Twitter, so maybe do another twitter chat after it posts?

Cali MacKay

FREE

51HdjDwZKxL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51Ekbyv33TL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51HnUjguTHL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-511uTCIPFnL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51-y12BGRPL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51LB9MAkXgL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-612uyFf1xML._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-61y0ZMZ-%2BaL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arro51J-PsyEZoL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-

#99 bigblackcat97

bigblackcat97

BOOGA BOOGA

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,046 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:07 AM

I think another Twitter chat is definitely in order! We can even do a simultaneous - those who are already more comfy with it can do an actual TwitterChat with one of the Twitter experienced folks (I'm thinking MK, if she'll agree, so that I can keep Mods with ability to start private chats here w/ me to help out) and we can get a new batch started up.

Also, we'll find out if we can increase chat room capacity before we schedule another TweetChat - but that's a great tie in Idea!

@MindyMcGinnis

#100 C. Taylor

C. Taylor

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,300 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:21 AM

The post I'm doing will cover alot of the basics, so I say, lets send them over to read that BEFORE the chat so that we can then deal with issues that go beyond just opening an account and knowing what hashtags and mentions are. Maybe even do a twitter 101 write up here on AQ.

Cali MacKay

FREE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users