Both of these things can be invaluable to a writer, along with mentorships, fellowships, grants and workshops. This is the place to list any fun or exciting news on any of these events. If you're attending an event and want a general discussion on who else may be going, questions you have for a particular happening or a great synopsis afterward, we'd love to hear from you.
To keep our boards organized and references easy to find, please follow the topic title formatting listed below for your type of post.
CONFERENCES, CONTESTS, WORKSHOPS, etc with a deadline:
- TOPIC TITLE: Name/Type of event, possible sponsor and closing date
- TOPIC DESCRIPTION: Other urgent info to share that may hook us such as speaker, cost, location or registration deadline.
ONGOING OR ANNUAL EVENTS
- TOPIC TITLE: Annual/Ongoing and Name/Type of event (ex: SCBWI Annual Summer Conference)
- TOPIC DESCRIPTION: location and date of event
GENERAL CONVERSTAION surrounding these types of happenings
- TOPIC TITLE: Catchy title with name of event and possible date (ex: SCBWI 2011 Conference Lowdown
- TOPIC DESCRIPTION: topic of your post (ex: What I learned about agents and kidlit)
TIPS for an effective post
Include registration dates, deadlines, locations and cost if possible. Add juicy tidbits to entice us to go and don't forget a link. We can't attend if we don't know where to find 'em!
And that's it.
I think this will encourage discussion and make it easier to find what we're looking for.
Thanks for your cooperation and hope to see some of you out in the real word!