Disclaimer

Photo

How to Influence Your Amazon Kindle eBook's Visibility Through Keywords and Categories

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AQCrew

AQCrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,740 posts
  • Literary Status:industry insider
  • LocationPacific Islands

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:59 PM

This is Amazon's definitive resource guide for categories and keywords -- per genre -- within their Kindle Direct Publishing program (KDP).

https://kdp.amazon.c...=A200PDGPEIQX41

We will warn anyone who is new to the game of self-publishing that categories and keywords make a HUGE difference in the way that your book is indexed within Amazon's search results --> which in turn affects your book's inherent visibility in terms of being seen by readers who are "browsing" for their next read.

Everyone claims that you need a high rank to increase your visibility on Amazon, but that's actually quite backwards thinking: the truth of the matter is that a high rank is influenced by the number of downloads you receive --> which is partly influenced by how readers find your book  in the first place.  And one of those ways is browsing via keywords.

If you have a questions about keywords and categories, and how to effectively use them, feel free to post them here and we will attempt to help you. 

#2 C. Taylor

C. Taylor

Subsisting on Pots of Tea

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,300 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published, agented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:I'm a NY Times and USA Today bestselling author writing under the pen name, Cali MacKay and write fun and steamy contemporary romances, in addition to erotica, paranormal romances and mysteries. I also write steampunk romances under the pen name Calista Taylor.

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:40 PM

Thanks for posting!! This is a huge help on the keywords.  I knew that certain key word combos could add to your categories (outside the basic 2 you get to choose), but this is GREAT, since I was always guessing. : )

Cali MacKay

FREE

51HdjDwZKxL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51Ekbyv33TL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51HnUjguTHL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-511uTCIPFnL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51-y12BGRPL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51LB9MAkXgL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-612uyFf1xML._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-61y0ZMZ-%2BaL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arro51J-PsyEZoL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-

#3 Jennie

Jennie

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, agented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:DAMSELFLY and SUGAR PLUM are out now.

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:04 AM

Thank you for this!

Follow me on Twitter, Like me on Facebook. Shelve me on Goodreads.  Check out my other work as an artist. 

#4 Dawn Marie

Dawn Marie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
  • Publishing Experience:None

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:53 AM

I need to learn about keywords.  :smile:

I'm a work in progress

#5 authorjanebnight

authorjanebnight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:As of Sept 15 2015 I will have 9 books I have self published using Amazon and Smashwords.

Posted 17 September 2015 - 08:52 AM

Thanks. Keywords are so tricky!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users