#1 AQCrew

AQCrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,740 posts
  • Literary Status:industry insider
  • LocationPacific Islands

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:00 PM

Is anyone else seeing the new "CREATE CALL TO ACTION" button in your Facebook Fan Page?  It looks like you can choose from various choices of the type of action -- in our case -- SHOP NOW and then insert a website link.

Going to try it now...

Anyone else?

#2 AQCrew

AQCrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:02 PM

Okay, just tried to... linking to one of our current book's Amazon sales page.  The CREATE CALL-To-ACTION button converts into a SHOP NOW button that links to the page.  Facebook also now will track stats on the number of times some clicks on it.

#3 bigblackcat97

bigblackcat97

BOOGA BOOGA

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,046 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Six published novels across Harper Collins and Penguin Random House. See my signature for titles.

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:29 PM

OK this is fascinating. I had just noticed this myself and wondered what it meant... but hadn't done any experimenting.

Interesting b/c something that very recently changed on Rafflecopter is that you can no longer make "Liking" a Page an entry. They can "Visit" the page for an entry, but don't necessarily have to "Like it." 

Article covering the in's and out's of that here: http://blog.raffleco...policy-updates/

Will FB then get some sort of kickback, do you think, off of sales generated from click-throughs?

"Establishing the accuracy of quotes found on the internet is extraordinarily difficult." - Jane Austen

13112869.jpg   DUSt+Smaller.jpeg  24376529.jpg  25812109.jpg 25314447.jpg 30249925.jpg

@MindyMcGinnis

Writer, Writer, Pants on Fire Blog

Writer, Writer, Pants on Fire Podcast

#4 Darke

Darke

~Official AQC Cookie Provider~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:I have several short stories published with online magazines such as Bewildering Stories and Aphelion, and part of the 7DS anthology SLAYERS. I have six books in a paranormal series self-published, and as of 2015, I write articles for Gaiam TV. See my blog for more details.

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:07 PM

Alas, I don't have one.  :unsure:

~I am neither an author nor a writer; I am a storyteller with good grammar.~

darkes_cover_4_sparkletn.jpg Book2TN.jpg darkescovenwtTN.jpg demonthumbnail.jpg 4311642f-9dfa-4c08-ac6d-a6979476c6ce.jpg

3e1a6d8e-6529-475b-b08d-34d575e93531.jpg

#5 Guest_AWExley_*

Guest_AWExley_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:35 PM

I don't have one either  :unsure:

#6 AQCrew

AQCrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:48 PM

Alas, I don't have one.  :unsure:

I don't have one either  :unsure:

Are you both logged into your Facebook Fan Pages?  Not as your profiles?

If so, then...hmmm, the plot thickens...

#7 AQCrew

AQCrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:52 PM

OK this is fascinating. I had just noticed this myself and wondered what it meant... but hadn't done any experimenting.

Interesting b/c something that very recently changed on Rafflecopter is that you can no longer make "Liking" a Page an entry. They can "Visit" the page for an entry, but don't necessarily have to "Like it." 

Article covering the in's and out's of that here: http://blog.raffleco...policy-updates/

Will FB then get some sort of kickback, do you think, off of sales generated from click-throughs?

Well, hello there, BBC.  Always nice to have you slinking out of your cave and into the forum ponds like a rare albino alligator in the wild.

Yeah, we heard that the crack down on requiring users to like a page to participate in giveaway contests, etc, was coming down the pike, and there it is:

You must not incentivize people to use social plugins or to like a Page. This includes offering rewards, or gating apps or app content based on whether or not a person has liked a Page.

And it's definitely a certainty that Facebook is moving towards becoming a commerce ecosystem.  It's just a matter or how faster they will do it, and which features they will be rolling out and when...

#8 Guest_AWExley_*

Guest_AWExley_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:59 PM

Are you both logged into your Facebook Fan Pages?  Not as your profiles?

If so, then...hmmm, the plot thickens...

Yip, tried both and there's no "call to action" on my FB page regardless of whether I am using FB as my profile or as the page.

I think it's an American conspiracy. First neither Darke and I can access KU now you are flaunting your extra FB buttons...

#9 Darke

Darke

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:I have several short stories published with online magazines such as Bewildering Stories and Aphelion, and part of the 7DS anthology SLAYERS. I have six books in a paranormal series self-published, and as of 2015, I write articles for Gaiam TV. See my blog for more details.

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:10 PM

Yip, tried both and there's no "call to action" on my FB page regardless of whether I am using FB as my profile or as the page.

I think it's an American conspiracy. First neither Darke and I can access KU now you are flaunting your extra FB buttons...

I agree. Nadda, no matter how I log on.  :humph:

It's a conspiracy against the Commonwealth countries.   :laugh:

darkes_cover_4_sparkletn.jpg Book2TN.jpg darkescovenwtTN.jpg demonthumbnail.jpg 4311642f-9dfa-4c08-ac6d-a6979476c6ce.jpg

#10 Guest_AWExley_*

Guest_AWExley_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:45 PM

It's a conspiracy against the Commonwealth countries.   :laugh:

Maybe they are jealous of William & Kate? ;)

#11 Darke

Darke

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:12 PM

Maybe they are jealous of William & Kate? ;)

Must be.  :biggrin:

#12 bigblackcat97

bigblackcat97

BOOGA BOOGA

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,046 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Six published novels across Harper Collins and Penguin Random House. See my signature for titles.

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:42 AM

Well, hello there, BBC.  Always nice to have you slinking out of your cave and into the forum ponds like a rare albino alligator in the wild.

This is how I think of myself.

Maybe they're only trying out the CTA button on certain pages? Mine is pretty high traffic so there could be a test element involved.

"Establishing the accuracy of quotes found on the internet is extraordinarily difficult." - Jane Austen

13112869.jpg   DUSt+Smaller.jpeg  24376529.jpg  25812109.jpg 25314447.jpg 30249925.jpg

@MindyMcGinnis

Writer, Writer, Pants on Fire Blog

Writer, Writer, Pants on Fire Podcast

#13 AQCrew

AQCrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:00 PM

So nobody else with a Facebook Fan Page is seeing this CREATE CALL-TO-ACTION button?

It's located in the cover banner, at the bottom of the right-hand corner.

It's also only visible while you're logged in to Facebook, so we are assuming it IS visible to others as well, but only to FB users who are viewing the page while logged in.  

When we log out, we don't see it showing publicly on our author fan page.

#14 Darke

Darke

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:12 PM

So nobody else with a Facebook Fan Page is seeing this CREATE CALL-TO-ACTION button?

It's also only visible while you're logged in to Facebook, so we are assuming it IS visible to others as well, but only to FB users who are viewing the page while logged in.  

Nope. Don't see it at all. 

#15 Jeanne

Jeanne

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:My debut novel, BLOOD OF A STONE (Tuscany Press), was released in March 2015 and received an Independent Publishing Book Award (Bronze) in the national category of religious fiction. My short stories and creative nonfiction have been published Hippocampus, Literary Mama, Museum of Americana, Red Savina Review, Hermeneutic Chaos Literary Journal, and Barrelhouse, among many others.

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:40 PM

Okay, just checked. No "Call to Action" button in the lower right-hand corner of my banner page.

But I do have this weird thing that says my page is in the "Community" category. FB offers sort of a non-explanation. Anyone know what this means and if the page should be categorized as something else?

Jeanne

#16 J. Lea Lopez

J. Lea Lopez

Glamourscribe

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:My work first appeared in Divine Dirt Quarterly and Oysters&Chocolate. Sadly, these are both out of print now. More recently, my short stories have appeared in two anthologies (The Spring and The Fall) from Elephant's Bookshelf Press. I have self published two novels and a short story collection.

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:46 PM

Nope. I don't have it. It's probably something that's being rolled out in waves, just like they did with the new timeline. Every day a new chunk of people would get it.

#17 Darke

Darke

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:35 PM

IT'S A CONSPIRACY! 

#18 J. Lea Lopez

J. Lea Lopez

Glamourscribe

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:My work first appeared in Divine Dirt Quarterly and Oysters&Chocolate. Sadly, these are both out of print now. More recently, my short stories have appeared in two anthologies (The Spring and The Fall) from Elephant's Bookshelf Press. I have self published two novels and a short story collection.

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:42 PM

Looks like it is a gradual rollout. https://www.facebook...o-action-button

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users