#21 CFrances

CFrances

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:I have been published in Learning Through History magazine, two juried medical research journals, the MS edition of Stories of Healing, and my local newspaper.

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:17 PM

Whikerms - I had another book on Wattpad that I'm working on right now, but it's MG, and wasn't getting any reads except friends trying to be supportive. I wrote WINTERFIRE last year, and decided it needs a lot of work. If you get a chance to read it, PLEASE critique it! Thanks.

#22 G.M. Paniccia

G.M. Paniccia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 23 January 2016 - 03:20 PM

I have a question relating to using Wattpad as a tool for agent interest. I'm already on Wattpad, and I have been for a while. My first book on there is ok-successful, I've only got around 450,000 reads, and I have around 500 or so followers. Now, the book that has those reads is a little hefty for me to get published, and has so far encountered problems when I do query it. That said, I have another novel that sells itself a little better for me being a first-time writer. Do you think it'd be smart to post samples of it to Wattpad to get a feel for the audience it might garner? Being a wattpader who sold a book, do you think it helped it out to be able to go to an agent with information like that (I know you said originally that you were worried that it wasn't going to sell because of Wattpad, though evidently the agent didn't feel that way).

All in all, I'm hesitant that the story might not do well and sort of defeat my purpose, since I don't know if my following is big enough for it to take off. 

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users