MaraBellJade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Personal Blog

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:34 AM

I am just getting to the point where I am about to start writing a query for my early reader book.  Should I follow the usual guidelines for a novel query or go more in the direction of PB query?

This is what I have written so far:

When Spencer, the odd-bear-out, with his red plaid bow tie in a sea of all white bears, is bought by Amy, he embarks on an adventure fueled by curiosity and plagued by messes.

This is the story of “Spencer the Traveling Bear;” Spencer is bought by a little girl in need of a friend; at a gift shop, while on vacation with her family.  Amy leaves him in her hotel room, to keep him clean and safe, but Spencer’s curiosity leads him on an adventure through the hotel and grounds (all the while getting his soft white fur very dirty).  With the help of new friends and a tumble through an industrial washing machine, Spencer and Amy are reunited before her family checks out.  “Spencer the Traveling Bear” is the first book in an early reader series that follows Spencer as he joins Amy on unique adventures around home and the world. Word count is 2600.

I am a 32 year old mom of two book loving children.  The inspiration for Spencer’s stories are my own travels as a child and adult, and my bear named Spencer.  It all started as an inside joke with my family that I would pack him along and take pictures of him while on vacation.  We have traveled as far as Egypt and Russia together.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users