Thrash

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:44 PM

Amazon announced that they're not doing the Breakthrough Novel Award this year, which probably means they won't do it again.  Instead their pushing Kindle Scout.    Thoughts?  

#2 LucidDreamer

LucidDreamer

Pragmatic Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Blue Ridge Library Mystery series, written as Victoria Gilbert. 1st book -- A MURDER FOR THE BOOKS -- releasing from Crooked Lane Books in December 2017. Book Two -- SHELVED UNDER MURDER -- will be published in July 2018 and untitled as of yet book three in Jan. or Feb. 2019.

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:15 AM

So it's Wattpad, etc. but Amazon might publish your book in the end?  Hmmmm....

#3 Thrash

Thrash

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:16 PM

Oops--I really did mean to post this in the "contests and conferences" group. Sorry!

#4 Jinsune

Jinsune

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Published four flash fictions.

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:02 PM

The Kiindle Scout think is iffy in my opinion. I'd rather have an agent or a publisher decide whether or not my book is good enough to get published, not readers. I suppose there is a slim chance someone notices your manuscript though KS, and offers a contract, but I'm not too positive. The part about readers who nominated the winning books getting a chance to review it is odd to me to. If they nominated the book in the first place, they obviously liked it, so the reviews would automatically be biased, in my opinion.

#5 Whimsical_Werecat

Whimsical_Werecat

The Prowler of Prose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published
  • LocationAustralia/New Zealand
  • Publishing Experience:Award-winning short story, FINAL FLIGHT, published by Starsea Press via Smashwords.

Short story, THE DROWNER, placed Highly Commended in InkTears 2014 international short story competition.

KIN SEEKER (Book One in the Dragon Calling series), published by Starsea Press, available in eBook and paperback at all leading online retailers.

THE BEACON THRONES(Book Two in the Dragon Calling Series), published by Starsea Press, available in eBook and paperback at all leading online retailers.

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:44 PM

A shame about the contest.

As for Kindle Scout, another thing for authors to try out, I suppose. I'm not particularly inclined to join in, but who knows, it might end up helping some authors along on their publishing journey.

cover-art-kin-seeker-text-2-100x150.jpg                            cover-art-beacon-thrones-3-100x150.jpg                            final-flight-ebook-cover-100x150.jpg
KIN SEEKER                                    BEACON THRONES                        FINAL FLIGHT
Book One of Dragon Calling         Book Two of Dragon Calling           Starsea Press
Starsea Press                                  Starsea Press

Facebook                                       Facebook
Goodreads                                     Goodreads
Pinterest                                         Pinterest

#6 Guest_AWExley_*

Guest_AWExley_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:48 PM

Amazon have their own version of Wattpad, they created WriteOn. I suspect they intend to use that to cherry pick for their imprints, since one of the WriteOn moderators is an Amazon imprint editor. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users