#1 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,577 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published ten books, including short stories by several AQC writers and debut novels by AQC authors A.T. O'Connor (aka Cat Woods), "ScubaSteve" Carman, and R.S. Mellette. Heading into 2016, we're aiming to publish at least two books, including the second Mellette novel and an anthology. In 2015, I saw a few memoir/nonfiction pieces published in Red Fez. I expect to do more of that in 2016 and beyond, while also looking to add freelance editing and writing clients.

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:32 AM

It's been a while since I posted anything new in this forum, so I thought perhaps a reintroduction is in order. I'm Matt, and I'm happy to moderate this occasionally traveled forum. I think most of what people ask about in here is memoir, which is clearly a popular nonfiction area. There are at least dozens of other forms of nonfiction, too, so don't be shy if you're interested in other areas.

In the past, I've created threads about book proposals. Those threads can certainly bumped back into contemporary use or we can start new ones.

Let me know if there's interest in any specific areas that haven't been discussed previously.

FWIW, I try to chime in on the memoir queries I see, but I don't always see them, so I apologize if I've missed yours.

#2 Darke

Darke

~Official AQC Cookie Provider~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:I have several short stories published with online magazines such as Bewildering Stories and Aphelion, and part of the 7DS anthology SLAYERS. I have six books in a paranormal series self-published, and as of 2015, I write articles for Gaiam TV. See my blog for more details.

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:12 PM

Hi Matt!  :biggrin:

~I am neither an author nor a writer; I am a storyteller with good grammar.~

darkes_cover_4_sparkletn.jpg Book2TN.jpg darkescovenwtTN.jpg demonthumbnail.jpg 4311642f-9dfa-4c08-ac6d-a6979476c6ce.jpg

3e1a6d8e-6529-475b-b08d-34d575e93531.jpg

#3 MamaTee

MamaTee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:My work has been published in only a few local newspapers. I am currently writing my father's life story which I plan on publishing on my own for family members.

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:46 AM

I am so new to this site that if I were a baby, I'd be an embryo.  Wait, that's not accurate.  I would be the proverbial "twinkle in someone's eye".  That is how new I am to all of this.

I was referred to this site by an author friend specifically because it has proven not only to be a great forum to share finished material, but to get the creative juices flowing in the first place. 

My first love is creative non-fiction and I am currently working on a memoir about the unusual way that I grew up. I'd love to find partners to critique my work in this genre.  I just don't know where to look.  

#4 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,577 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published ten books, including short stories by several AQC writers and debut novels by AQC authors A.T. O'Connor (aka Cat Woods), "ScubaSteve" Carman, and R.S. Mellette. Heading into 2016, we're aiming to publish at least two books, including the second Mellette novel and an anthology. In 2015, I saw a few memoir/nonfiction pieces published in Red Fez. I expect to do more of that in 2016 and beyond, while also looking to add freelance editing and writing clients.

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:59 PM

Welcome MamaTee. I suggest you also post what you're looking for in the Wanted Ads section.

There have not been many posts about creative nonfiction here, you're right. I happen to enjoy reading it and I'm working on an essay that I hope to see posted in an online journal. Feel free to start a thread about creative NF here in the nonfiction forum; let's see what kind of discussion we can generate!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users