Disclaimer

Photo

What domain registrar is the best to use?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dawn Marie

Dawn Marie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
  • Publishing Experience:None

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:14 AM

I'm only just looking into this and went on GoDaddy last night, the terms and conditions were massive and put me off.  Does anyone use them?  Has anyone tried Namecheap? EasyDNS?

Thanks in advance.

I'm a work in progress

#2 Jeanne

Jeanne

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:My debut novel, BLOOD OF A STONE (Tuscany Press), was released in March 2015 and received an Independent Publishing Book Award (Bronze) in the national category of religious fiction. My short stories and creative nonfiction have been published Hippocampus, Literary Mama, Museum of Americana, Red Savina Review, Hermeneutic Chaos Literary Journal, and Barrelhouse, among many others.

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:57 AM

I use GoDaddy for my website. I'm not happy with their site design software (Website Tonite), but GoDaddy is now integrated with Wordpress. A lot of people use Wordpress to create and design their site with GoDadddy as the domain registrar. I'll probably switch over to that in the future.

As for their terms and conditions, I think they're pretty standard. I've never had any problems, and the tech support is decent.

Jeanne

#3 RSMellette

RSMellette

I Have Many Skills.

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,128 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:The Xena Scrolls on-line and episode TV credit. I worked on the show for the first two years.
    Billy Bobble Makes A Magic Wand, Dec. 2014 Elephant's Bookshelf Press

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:27 PM

The cheapest one. :) 

From Elephant's Bookshelf Press

51xExIpByyL._SS140_SH35_.jpg51n1zBAR2vL._SS140_SH35_.jpg

by R.S. Mellette

"WOW. That is the first word that comes to mind when I think about how I felt reading this book - WOW. I was so pleasantly surprised - oh, let's be honest, it was more like blown away!" -- Holy B. In NC, Amazon Review.

#4 hermitage

hermitage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:I'm a PhD economist with six articles published in peer-reviewed journals on the subjects of economics and voting theory.

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:47 AM

I use bluehost for my academic web site and I really like it. Their prices are reasonable and they have really good customer support. I was up and running almost immediately after signing up. Here is the site FWIW: http://jamesgreenarmytage.com/

#5 Sassalota

Sassalota

• Members
  • Pip
  • 197 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Self Published Novel, Ruby in the Water under the pen name J.P. Sterling.

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:28 PM

I use blue host and I am totally clueless when it comes to web stuff. I selected it because it was cheap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users