#1 Jinsune

Jinsune

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Published four flash fictions.

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:55 PM

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not, but here goes nothing.

I've been thinking about starting a multi-author box set in order to build an audience. I have a few short stories published, and a novel on submission to agents, but I want to do more to create a stronger platform for myself. Would starting a multi-author box set help? I've never self-published, so I've been searching all over for information on how this is done, because I don't want to step into anything without knowing what I'm getting into.

I've been looking around Amazon and Smashwords, and noticed that there are a few non-romance author bundles, so I don't think the genres I write in would be a major problem (I write fantasy, horror and science fiction).

Would publishing a bundle help with my platform?

#2 Guest_AWExley_*

Guest_AWExley_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:55 PM

First question is do you have a full length novel that is publication ready?

Boxed sets are popular at the moment, you can submit to Story Bundles, for example, for inclusion in one of theirs https://storybundle.com

There are plenty of other sites that will box up similar genres and put them out in return for a cut of royalties. The ones that do really well though contain popular authors, who pool their collective reach and audiences.

#3 Jinsune

Jinsune

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Published four flash fictions.

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:15 AM

Yes, I have a novel that's fully complete and edited. I'm looking to give it a home, and figured I'd  bundle it with other books. ^_^

Thanks AWExley, I'm going to check out Story Bundles ASAP. Story Bundle sounds like a great place, and it might be the place to send to instead of me going to Amazon, Smashwords, and places like that. I'll also continue looking for sites that bundle novels in my genre.

#4 Dawn Marie

Dawn Marie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
  • Publishing Experience:None

Posted 14 February 2015 - 08:14 AM

Good luck with this.  I noted that the Kindle box sets seem to be doing very well, I have one loaded and ready to read.

I'm a work in progress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users