Disclaimer

Photo

Be sure to check out Twitter today - agents & publishers share what they're looking for via #MSWL

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AQCrew

AQCrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,740 posts
  • Literary Status:industry insider
  • LocationPacific Islands

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:44 PM

This is the inspiration behind the #MSWL hashtag on Twitter.  

http://manuscriptwishlist.com/

Please remember this is just a wish-list.  

And Twitter is just giving you a quick snapshot of what agents are looking for on their wish-lists.  You don't use Twitter to pitch your query directly to them.  You still have to research their submission guidelines and send a query to them that way.  But you can certainly start off your query saying you saw them on #MSWL and you thought your manuscript might be a good fit.

For those unsure on dos & don'ts of #MSWL, here's a link to a tumblr post on etiquette for the hashtag. http://agentandeditorwishlist.tumblr.com/post/62091519412/an-important-note-for-tomorrows-mswl-party  #querytip

------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------

The ManuScript Wish Lists of Literary Agents and Publishers | http://www.mswishlist.com  | #MSWL

Amy Trueblood ‏@atrueblood5  5h
5 hours ago
#Querying? Or getting ready to? Be sure to check out #MSWL today where agents & publishers share what they want to see in their inbox!

Hannah Bowman ‏@hannahnpbowman  1h1 hour ago
Needs to be said again with #MSWL: none of us consider pitches via Twitter. Follow our sub guidelines; that makes it easiest to say yes.

Gemma Cooper ‏@gemma_cooper  16m16 minutes ago
If you have anything in my #MSWL please follow submission guidelines on the TBA website, and send to cooperqueries[at]http://thebentagency.com 

Pam van Hylckama ‏@BookaliciousPam  24m24 minutes ago
#MSWL I want more contemporary action/adventure MG, in YA I want something new and experimental, in adult I want an epic fantasy.

Christa Heschke ‏@ChristaHeschke  31m31 minutes ago
Anything about artists (musicians, painters etc.) for PB, MG, YA. All things quirky & strong female protagonists. Love me some quirk! #MSWL

Kate Sullivan ‏@katert0t  40m40 minutes ago
#MSWL: something with an Arya Stark sort of female antihero, getting less moral as the story progresses.

Cassie Hanjian ‏@Cjhanjian  53m53 minutes ago
#ContemporaryRomance with series potential, preferably with a career-focused woman. Open to all levels of heat, from steamy to sweet. #MSWL

Gemma Cooper ‏@gemma_cooper  1h1 hour ago
So, MG adventures, magic/genre mash ups, big characters for younger readers that can be series, animals and YA romance #MSWL

Gemma Cooper ‏@gemma_cooper  1h1 hour ago
I love love! I never get tired of reading YA romance. My favourite part is the flirting, the teasing and the almost-kisses... #MSWL

Daniel Lazar ‏@DanLazarAgent  1h1 hour ago
#MSWL Hi Twitter! I'm oh so hungry for new fiction - history, magic, heart, humor, adventures across generations or continents. Bring it on!

Holly Root ‏@hroot  2h2 hours ago
As everyone who has talked to me in the last six weeks rolls their eyes because I am a broken record on this.... #mswl YA space opera!

Michelle Witte ‏@michellewitte  2h2 hours ago
I recently reopened to queries, so my requested manuscript pile is down to two. You know what that means . . . #MSWL #bringiton

Michelle Witte ‏@michellewitte  2h2 hours ago
If you're tuning into #MSWL, you can find my general query guidelines here: http://michellewitte...ery-guidelines/ … But for the love, NO TWITTER PITCHES.

Peter Knapp ‏@petejknapp  2h2 hours ago
#MSWL: YA and MG stories about groups of friends growing up and growing apart. STAND BY ME will always be a favorite movie.

Suzie Townsend ‏@sztownsend81  3h3 hours ago
I'm going to be that annoying agent. Nothing specific on my #MSWL just beautiful writing.

Suzie Townsend ‏@sztownsend81  3h3 hours ago
The good news though is that means you can query me with anything. #MSWL

Heather Alexander ‏@HeatherAlexand  3h3 hours ago Manhattan, NY
And please give me some literary YA with something weird I could never have thought of. #MSWL

Rhonda Helms ‏@RHelmsBooks  4h4 hours ago
I want antihero/antiheroine romances. Gimme bad boys & girls w/ compelling narratives and strong plots. #MSWL

Rhonda Helms ‏@RHelmsBooks  4h4 hours ago
I'm very picky about sci-fi, fantasy, paranormal, but if you have something thrilling & different, I want to read it! #MSWL

Hannah Bowman ‏@hannahnpbowman  4h4 hours ago
Big-idea science fiction, especially by women. (But no cheesy aliens!) #MSWL

Molly Ker Hawn ‏@mollykh  4h4 hours ago
Magical realism with a literary feel, swoony smart YA romance, anything that plays with narrative structure in a clever way #MSWL

Beth Phelan ‏@beth_phelan  4h4 hours ago
I want #YA that is weird (in voice, tone, setting, circumstance + more) but totally convincing and definitely addicting. #MSWL

Tu Books ‏@tubooks  4h4 hours ago
General #MSWL for us at @tubooks: MG and YA science fiction, fantasy, mystery, and other genre fiction starring people of color.

Patricia Nelson ‏@patricianels  4h4 hours ago
Time for some #MSWL! Still looking for YA magical realism w/ a literary feel. Bonus if it's haunting or slightly creepy. Think AVA LAVENDER.

Kaylee Davis ‏@Kaylee_Davis_  4h4 hours ago
I'd love to see a scifi with a retro aesthetic and a postmodern approach. Really, anything with a style all its own! #MSWL

Brent Taylor ‏@NaughtyBrent  5h5 hours ago
#MSWL time. Upmarket thrillers & mysteries, women's fiction, contemporary & girl-driven YA. Literary MG. Anything Karen Russell-esque.

Brent Taylor ‏@NaughtyBrent  4h4 hours ago
I go crazy for literary crossovers, aka literary fiction w/a plot that's accessible+appealing to teens. I grew up reading Janet Fitch. #mswl

Laura Zats ‏@LZats  5h5 hours ago
#MSWL Sci-fi with strange worlds and an anthro lense. Bonus points if it's an opera/adventure

Rena Bunder Rossner ‏@renarossner  5h5 hours ago
I already rep #WeNeedDiverseBooks YA, but send me more! #mswl Contemporary/Fantasy/SciFi/Thrillers and more. If it's diverse, send it!

Kate Brauning ‏@KateBrauning  5h5 hours ago
It's #MSWL time! Here's what I'm looking for: edgy, clever, dark YA of any kind. I love fast pacing, big hooks, and deep romance.

Carly Watters ‏@carlywatters  5h5 hours ago
#mswl women's fic, smart book club books, upmarket fic. Coming of age, family secrets, women's POVs. Send 'em! query(at)psliterary(dot)com

#2 Zaarin

Zaarin

Tolkien Acolyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 195 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:04 PM

Oh, I just sent Hannah Bowman a "big-idea science fiction" query--but not by a woman. Fingers crossed...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users